Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Deadlifts

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/08/24, 04:44 PM
I was going to write this in the powerlifting section but thought it might be better here.

I love the deadlift. I have said it before deadlifts are the squat for my back. I know the squat is considered the "king" of exercise but DAMMM give me some chalk and a bar with 300lbs at least on it and I am happy.

I go in mind prepared for this day. I dreamt about giving battle with it. I see the bar there before me as an insult. IT is mocking me belittling my ability to lift it. I cover my hands with chalk the dust floating about me like a fine cloud of snow. The others in the gym think I am nuts. I see their looks at me. I squat down set my grip take a deep breath and SNATCH that bar off the floor it is moving up scraping the skin off my knees. I and turning red and veins now pop out on my arms, neck head. My vision clouds, goes dark and I hear a rushing sound as I lock it out!

I lower it to the floor and stumble away. Shins scraped raw and bleeding. Panting i am lightheaded music pounding in my ears from my player that I did not even hear as I did the lift. I rest add more weight and do it all over again.

This is fun, this is what makes my day.....this is what the Iron Game is all about, me, chalk, a belt maybe and the bar loaded and waiting to attack and be attacked. This is the deadlift and I kid you not, it is not for the faint of heart!

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/08/24, 04:48 PM
Awesome post! :) I almost got a 405lb deadlift last night, I'm workin' on it!

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!