Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

HELP!!

GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2007/08/10, 02:29 AM
I have a severe ankle sprain, and I cannot do any free weight squats, cleans, romanian deadlifts, or otherwise powerlifts.

What can I do to not lose my leg strength and speed?????? is it possible/ Just the other day I did some leg extensions and leg curls, and I used this thing called the "v-Squat machine" but I don't know if its very accurate.
2007/08/10, 05:02 AM
eh...depends what you mean by severe....can u put weight on it?....can u bandage/tape it up almost into a cast-like state? if u can u may be able to do some lifts like deadlift variations, squats from saw horses(eliminating walk out basically)...etc....
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/08/10, 01:32 PM
Time to get on those machines... I've had to do them. Broke my foot in a bunch of places a couple years ago, after that my leg day was based around the single leg back extension as my main movement.

Focus on upper body for a few weeks, doing what you can for lower, then when you are better, put upper body training on the backburner for a few weeks. Might even do you some good.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/08/10, 08:51 PM
but take a week off or so....let it heal...

Goodmornings keep my squat at the same place..when I had a bad one...that is if you can put weight on the foot/ancle..

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.