Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/07/31, 10:53 AM
Ok, EVERYONE on this board I'm sure heard the buzz some odd months back, and if not, you've seen previews or the movie "The 300."

Anyone that does notices that the guys are ripped and freakin solid, and no matter your training background or goals, I would think it's safe to say noone would mind lookin like that. Turns out their workouts were pretty insane.

Their trainer for the movie, Mark Twight, had a "300" test for them at the end of their time training if anyone wanted to try it. Check this crap out:

25 Pull-Ups
50 Deadlifts at 135 lbs
50 Pushups
50 24" Box Jumps
50 Floor Wipers at 135 lbs
50 Clean and Press at 36 lbs
25 More Pull-Ups

300 total reps

There is no rest between movements and the score is based on total time. Only 1 of the cast members was able to complete the entire "300" workout and only half of them even tried.

As far as their diet goes, Twight only says that he gave them "just enough" nutrients to recover.

As far as their daily regimen goes, Twight says that it varied. He never let them get used to a certain routine. Some days it was HIIT, some days they'd go really heavy, and some days they would have to do their lifts blindfolded.

Just thought it would be interesting to some of you. This board gets a little bland sometimes.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/07/31, 05:44 PM
I doubt only one of them was able to do the workout. I watched our 198lber do the workout to perfection while he was, by his own admission, out of shape.

That said, they were basically following a crossfit regimen. If I had a few weeks but full reign to get a group of actors to look like they were in shape, I would probably do the same thing.

HOWEVER, what I can not STAND is people constantly asking about this workout, thinking it would be a good workout for THEM.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
somethin4mark
somethin4mark
United States
2007/07/31, 05:53 PM
thats pretty awesome, i wounder which one of them did it, im guessing it was the troll guy

--------------
Excusses are like a**holes, everyones got one, and they all stink
somethin4mark
somethin4mark
United States
2007/07/31, 06:01 PM
by the way, if you really want to see how bad ass those guys are, go to utube and watch the trailer for 300, the PG version... i bet you'll get a kick out of that

--------------
Excusses are like a**holes, everyones got one, and they all stink
Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2007/07/31, 08:37 PM
I read about that 300 workout.. Fact is it was a final test only. And only one of the guys did it. The leader of the Arcadians. He did it in 18min.11sec. He was the well rounded guy... I'm sure the other guys would have passed out during or after if they tried it. Because I'm sure they were already exhausted...

height:6ft.
weight:188lbs.
chest:45in.
stomach at navel:33in.
biceps:16.5in...cold...

"Common Sense is not Common"
Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2007/07/31, 08:42 PM
I need to read closer next time and stop being so Whoa,Whoa, "Arondaballer" included that in his post...
I apologize for reposting like this...

height:6ft.
weight:188lbs.
chest:45in.
stomach at navel:33in.
biceps:16.5in...cold...

"Common Sense is not Common"
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2007/07/31, 09:18 PM
Wish I could do that while "out of shape." :laugh:

Heck, I wish I could do that period.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt