Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Getting married and I feel like a whale!

Chimera1987
Chimera1987
Canada
2007/07/30, 09:18 PM
I Have been working out about three times a week for about a year now and haven't lost any weight. My fiance says I have to sweat to loose the weight, is it true? He says I'm perfect the way I am but when I look in the mirror, I see a whale! Anyone got a good routine and diet program I can use? I've tried about every diet pill and they don't work for me.

Also I'm a compulsive eater. But when I'm not eating, I not eating at all! Help, I need a meal plan I can stick to with foods that my whole family can eat so I don't have to cook two meals at once.!
HELP!
HELP!
HELP!

--------------
To the world you may only be one person, but to one person you may be the world!
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/07/30, 09:50 PM
Welcome to FT, Chimera... your 40 pound goal can be met by next year.

For diet ideas, check out the Diet Forum.. some great ideas there.

Not sure on the 'you need to sweat to lose weight' theory, but it seems everytime I work out, I sweat and I lost weight. Maybe there's a connection! But great weight loss can happen with a diet that is geared to your goals, and typically, I don't sweat when I eat.

Hope that helps!

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

\"He may be gone, but Sanjaya proved that it doesn\'t matter how talented you are - if you believe in yourself, you can annoy literally millions of people.\" Jimmy Kimmel
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/07/31, 02:14 PM
Perhaps your fiance is trying to politely tell you that you are "slacking off" when you workout and you need to push harder without saying it blatantly? Just a thought. I don't sweat when I work out much, but I'm not a sweater. But, your heartrate should be up, and you should be slighly challenged to hold a conversation while doing cardio. While lifting weights, you should not be able to lift the last rep in a set if you are working hard enough.
Good luck!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/08/05, 09:39 AM
I make the same foods for my family as I eat - I just sipplement my daughter and husband's meals with a little extra carbs like pasta or rice or whole grain bread. For example:

I am dieting for a competition, so my diet is pretty low carb by dinner time..I usually make either chicken, fish or lean beef (If you make a whole chicken, you can eat the breast (skin removed) and everyone else can have the parts they like). With the extra lean ground beef I make patties - my husband and daughter get a little reduced fat cheese on theirs, and the option of whole wheat buns. I have mine plain, or topped with low carb ketchup and spicy brown mustard, onions, etc. I can have baked potatoes, which they both like, sometimes I will make a baked sweet potato along with regular poatatoes for them. I also like to slice up sweet and regular potatoes and make oven fries, everyone loves those!

With fish - you can grill it, bake it or poach it, serve it up with veggies that everyone will eat and a side of rice or poatatoes.

Why would you eat healthy foods and serve unhealthy foods to your loved ones? You just need to figure out how to morph their favorites into healthier versions. they will adapt :) My husband even likes salad now:big_smile:

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/08/05, 09:39 AM
That is supplemnet, not sipplement, lol.