Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

16 ~ 145 ~ Male - Looking for some help.

Sinto
Sinto
United States
2007/06/11, 07:32 AM
Hello, My name is nathan and im 16.. I have a prety bad computer addiction with video games etc... but i do workout my arms and thier extreamly built but I'm having problems with my stomach and i have fat on my waist and i was just looking for some help... although i eat very well i drink 4-6 redbull a day and about 5-7 mountain dew soft drinks... and it would be extreamly hard for my to stop drinking them. so i was wondering if thier was any other methods i have a very high metabolism & it's taken almost 3 years of this diet with only working on my biceps to gain the fat on my waist/stomach which it isnt extreamly bad.

Would running / Crunches be the answer? expecaily for my waist.

Nelfrouge228@yahoo.com < Email
Sinto
Sinto
United States
2007/06/11, 07:36 AM
I should add that im 5.7 and i sleep from 8am-3pm.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/06/11, 08:02 AM
============
Quoting from Sinto:

Would running / Crunches be the answer? expecaily for my waist.
=============

Sure. But it's your diet and sedentary lifestyle that's causing your fat gain. Get off the couch and away from the video games. Limit yourself to the amount you play per day. Replace the Mt. Dews and Red Bulls (that crap is terrible for you in soooo many ways), with water. You're 16 and you're on a path to obesity with your current habits. The time to do something is NOW! Stop doing bicep curls and start training the rest of your body. If you have a high metabolism, use it to your advantage. You should be able to make decent gains in muscle and lose a good amount of fat by year's end - IF you get your butt up and DO IT!!

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2007/06/15, 04:15 PM
Wow, you definately drink a lot of crap in one day! I agree with jbennett, replace those drinks with water! If you find it difficult at first, try cutting down and only having a few soft drinks a day for example instead of drinking 5 Mt. dew....try starting off with only 3 a day, and drink water for the remaining. The best thing to do is quit drinking that stuff all together, however I know this can be difficult once one becomes addicted to that stuff...cut back on all those crappy drinks and I am sure you will notice a change in not only how you look, but also how you feel!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/06/17, 06:40 PM
With 110-160 calories to each Red Bull can (unless sugar free, but seeing you are drinking Mountain Dew rather than diet, I will just assume for the moment) that would be 440 - 660 calories alone; add the Mountain Dews at the same 110 calories each (if they are not the other MD spinoffs), that would be an additional 440-660 which equals 880-1320 calories just from what you are drinking alone - the benefits to the above? Not much; obviously the MD has none but while your sitting there your sugars will turn to fat -- while Red Bull contains: Carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, natural and artificial flavors, colors then...Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 can; Amount per serving: Calories: 160; Total Fat: 0g; Sodium: 290mg; Protein: less than 1g; Total Carbohydrates: 40g; Sugars: 39g; Niacin: 140%; Vitamin B6: 360%; Vitamin B12: 120%; Pantothenic acid: 70% --ouch don't see too much benefit here...............so to be brutally honest, your not getting anything much from all those calories. It doesn't have to be an immediate change, but as said above, just start slow and you should feel good about cutting back, start by cutting back one of each and drink even diet pop and diet red bulls for the first week, the second week, cut back more, etc., then start replacing the diets with water, just make it a process that gives you purpose. Put some good for you snacks in front of you, keep water right at your side so it is convienient if you are a gamer, and get up and do a 30 minute cardio to keep your body untensed and to get into shape, add to that some weights soon after and so on....you can do it...we put the weight machine RIGHT BEHIND THE COMPUTER so it is right there and it makes a GREAT way to loosen up!!

Good luck! :)

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill