Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

The gazelle

Misscourtnei
Misscourtnei
United States
2007/06/10, 08:23 PM
I've been eating right and working out for the past two weeks and I have noticed some inches come off but not so much weight I dont think. I dont really know because I dont have a scale. I also started taking hydroxycut about 4 days ago and i'm just wondering if I can do anything else to speed up the process?? I spend about 45 minutes on the gazelle each day. Does anyone else have experience with the gazelle??
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/06/18, 07:27 PM
I have a Gazelle and the one thing that you have to do to burn calories efficiently is to do some major moving! Your heart rate has to stay within the cardio range for 30 minutes or more and it is hard after you get used to the glider. I about fall off of it now trying to get it to keep my heart rate up, but it is possible, the trick is to make sure you are doing that otherwise you are just taking a stroll --burning calories, but not at a level that will accomplish that much as far as weight loss. I would add a weight training program to what you are doing, I do that and it has sped up my losing. My son and I got a medicine ball that we throw back and forth and that is real good, too, we do about 400 with a 12 lb, other than a broken finger last year, it has been great, lol! There is no real way to speed up the process if you want a healthy weight loss. I have been consistently working out now and eating right about 97% of the time the past three months and I have lost an additional 11 lbs, but I would rather do that than something radical. Right now I am at an impass and need to step up the exercise and weights, so that is my focus at the moment so I can get over the stubborn plateau my body has fixed me to, but it will be done!!

Good luck to you, and remember to vary your routine, doing the glider every day and your body will get on to you and rebel, gotta mix things up!!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill