Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Share your success!

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/05/23, 03:04 PM
Hi! I see where we can post our weights, and goals, but don't see a current thread to share current successes and applaud each other (and ourselves!). If I am reposting something already out there, my bad.
I started out 3 years ago at 225 lbs. Developed gest. diabetes with my 2nd pregnancy 2 years ago. Met with a nutritionalist and learned how to eat healthy. After baby was born I stuck to that diet with some modifications and began working out. I lost a total of 65 lbs and got down to 160, size 10. I fell completely off the bandwagon, I don't know why I allowed it to happen, but I gained back 33 lbs. OUCH! Then a new 24 hour gym opened in town that I just HAD to join. Good excuse, right? ha ha So, I started a month ago at 193. 4 weeks later, I'm now down 6 lbs to 187, but have lost a total of 15", 4% body fat and have reduced my BMI by 2 points. All by healthy eating and exercise. My hair looks better, my skin looks better and I feel ridiculously better!
Thanks to everyone here for all the support. I would love to read about other people's success/stories too if anyone wants to share.
Thanks!
freshstart407
freshstart407
United States
2007/05/23, 05:45 PM
I'm seaching for a place to update my status also. If find a place for logging your updated weight and achievements, please let me know. I would love to read about others success as well as mines. However, I just started my program on 4-23-2007 @ 191 lbs. Today I weight in at 182. I have missed some days but am still pleased with the progress. Keep working to reach your goals, this is the one thing that we can do for ourselves that will improve our quality of life. Keep the faith.
Nate
Follower12
Follower12
United States
2007/05/30, 06:26 PM
Well, I've been working out for afew months now and lost 20 pounds. This is my first time working out so im very excited by the results. I've gone from 211 to 191. Now im trying to get to 180. I just added weight lifting recently so i hope that speeds it up. So far i can see the differences however i still have more work to do before i can feel comfortable about myself.

Im just so happy im a tall person so the fat is spread out and i dont look as big as the person the same weight as me but shorter.

Goal : 11 pounds in 6 weeks... it shouldent be that hard... i hope :big_smile: