Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Z-train.... who's aboard?

2007/05/10, 11:37 AM
I recently started incorporating z-squats and deadlifts into my training. From the last few weeks of doing these I am really beginning to enjoy them. They seem to absolutely destroy my core and my spirit in general. My favorite zercher deadlifts off the floor. I am still working on the flexibility to do these with any serious weight...

Z-squats as front squats dont allow me to cheat so my form has to be good on each and every rep....my kind of an exericse...
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/10, 01:09 PM
I've never been real big on them. Only time I've done them I did them with a thick bar, felt a lot more comfortable.

Of course at some point I will do a contest that involves a conans carry, and they will become a main part of my training.

Important thing, is the best exercise is the one that gets YOU results.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/05/10, 05:20 PM
i watched the Elite Fts Squat Index video, and they say if doing Z with the bar in your elbows hurts, try holding a 2x6 there and setting the bar there... should help disperse the weight. i might try these out soon...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/05/10, 08:15 PM
I always thought they kinda easy....but they cause me to round my back and make it uncomfy...

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
2007/05/10, 11:55 PM
Definitely not easy....have 2 big bruises on each crook of the elbow/forarm.....and soreness all over...

I think it's kind of helpful for connas carry and possibly stones.....not to mention overall strength