Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

How to loss weight?

gregory99
gregory99
United States
2007/05/09, 02:25 PM
Ok I am 24 years old and I am over weight. (5'10" 126 Kg)

I tend to eat when I am depressed, nervous or just bored. I hate the way I look and I want to lose this weight.

What have I done to correct this?
Early this year I joined 24 hour fitness (a gym in my area). I hired a personal trainer 3 times a week who put me on a diet also. I would have to say I was 80%+ on the diet and worked out with the trainer 3 times a week (1 hour sessions). I busted my butt and put 110% effort into this. After 1 month I had only lost 2 Kg. My trainer said it was because I gained muscle mass but I saw little to no change (physical appearance in the mirror). This month with gym fees and personal trainer sessions cost me $5000 (give or take). It?s damn too costly!

I want to loss 40 Kg. I think about losing weight 10 times a day at least. I try to cut out bad foods but as I said before I eat when bored, depressed, or nervous.

What can I do? Am I just meant to be fat?

PLEASE HELP ME!
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2007/05/09, 02:40 PM
you need a hobby - so you can do that instead of eating
gardening is a good anti-depresser(something about digging in the dirt helps)
computer games is another thing I do
(I also do crafts - you might try workouting or whittling - I don't see you sewing dolls like I do)

diet is the biggest key to losing weight
as for the cost - that is more than I could ever think about - you might try getting rid of the high dollar trainer & try the program here (I do like them)

but yeah, gaining muscle mass is very common - check Assimmers programs as well - she breaks things down so beginners can understand what is being said

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language
pcorey
pcorey
United States
2007/05/09, 03:15 PM
$5000! Man you got scammed. There is an abundance of free and low cost material out there, no need to pay an expensive personal trainer. Get rid of the junk food, if it's in the house how can you avoid it. Replace it with clean foods. I agree with Reddy, find yourself a hobby. Ideally something else that can motivate you to live a healthy lifestyle. For me it was karate.
conner_a5
conner_a5
United States
2007/05/11, 10:16 AM
Hi ,

$5000 per months is quite a lot but having a personal trainer is very good. He is right after one month you can?t see big changes. I suggest you to check out local online health club at www.wellness-100.org You will get some good training routines for you from them. Just let me know.

Good luck, do not give up and keep us posted.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/11, 12:03 PM

============
Quoting from conner_a5:

Hi ,

$5000 per months is quite a lot but having a personal trainer is very good. He is right after one month you can?t see big changes. I suggest you to check out local online health club at www.wellness-100.org You will get some good training routines for you from them. Just let me know.

Good luck, do not give up and keep us posted.

=============

Try not to post on this board again. If you want to advertise, do it elsewhere, and without posting your bullshit advice.

$5000 is way to much, and most personal trainers (like the ones in the site listed above) aren't worth the paper their certification is written on.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk