Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Got Six week to lose 18-20Ibs-Help!

onelilhorangi
onelilhorangi
United States
2007/05/06, 11:20 AM
Hi I am going to California in 6 weeks and I am willing to work my butt off to lose the weight. I weigh 185 right now and I'm a 5'9 female. I am currently on the healthy low carb diet but it doesnt seem to work much for me. I strength train but I just seem to get bulkier, especially my shoulders. I run every other day, trying to increase my running to burn the most calories in one hour. Since I can last 2 hrs jogging straight but I'm guessing I need to build intensity so I have been trying to run harder in 1hr. Lately, I burned 700 calories in 1 hr. I incorporate some hill work and stairs to tone my legs.

Sample Day
Prebreakfast- 1 hr jog goal burn 720 calories in 1hr (M,W,F,S,S)-I alternate stair running every other run 3 x30

Leg and arm workout (M, Th, Sat)-increase # by 5 more every week
Pushups-3x15
Weighted squat-(24Ib) 2x50
Thighmaster-2x80
10Ib dumbbells-2x15 back arms on stability ball
Abs (T, Fri)-Increase # by 5 more every week
Leg lifts-2x30
Crunches 4x50
holding stability ball and pulling it to each side-1x100
side wipes 2x50

On my days off from running I take my dog for 30-45 min walks, do housework or garden. I am typically good but I just don't feel lighter. I feel bulky and no change has happened besides the muscle. I see an increase in pushups because I couldn't even do 3 3 weeks ago.

Diet-
breakfast after workout-
Whey shake with 2 cups soymilk-380calories fat-7 carbs 8 protein-58

lunch-4chicken breasts, a small salad, 1 cup mushrooms 1/4 cup cheese, maybe 2 eggs

Snack-a cucumber, yogurt
Dinner- 2-3 Chicken breasts or steak

Typically- I eat about 1300-1500 calories a day, 200 g of protein, 25 or less carbs and I try to eat healthy foods. I've let my cheat on little things since as a whopper with half the bread but I pick back up the next day. I am willing to cut out all the unhealthy things if I can just find the solution to my dilemma. I don't want to be so bulky. I want to be lean and I am willing to eat the blandest foods. What is the maximum diet and fitness plan that can help me lose 18-20Ibs in 6 weeks safely? My weightloss has become stagnant so I am not sure what to do. Any comments are appreciated! Thank you.
FYI- I've been a runner for9yrs or so. Typically, long steady runs up until about 1 yr ago, when I started doing hill running and HIT every 10 mins.

onelilhorangi
onelilhorangi
United States
2007/05/06, 11:25 AM
Oops.. I meant I have 8 weeks
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/06, 11:31 AM
I have answered your question in another post - you don't eat enough to lose bodyfat.
congrats on the push ups.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

onelilhorangi
onelilhorangi
United States
2007/05/06, 03:36 PM
Yea I know. Thnx! =) Its just that I have been trying that way but nothing budges. Sorry for repeating this again. Is it ok to lift so much even though I seem to be getting bulkier? I like the muscle but theres fat there so I look bulky. Should an overweight person lift light and do more reps until they lose the fat and then lift heavier? Am I lifting too much?
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/05/07, 04:36 PM
one, it is extremely difficult to add muscle AND burn fat. To gain muscle you need a calorie increase and to lose fat you need a calorie defecit.

I would suggest building muscle as much as possible first. This will increase your metabolism and make losing fat easier later.