Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Making that decision

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/04/18, 04:48 PM
Hey folks lets face it....getting the energy up to exercise is hard enough, let alone adding in a good sound meal plan and then cardio. I know if you are like me your time is very thin. You have work, familylife etc. That leaves little time to take care of your self. Then you have to have the energy to go lift for a hour then maybe do some cardio or find time later in the week for that. Next is travel time to and from the gym, if you have kids just getting there and back is a workout. So how do you stick with it. By making the decision.

I see many posts here asking and or tell us that " I just do not have the motivation". JUST by saying that you have shot yourself in the foot. Some have asked, "did you just jump right in and workout then quit then workout etc?" Answer is yes I think with the exception of very few most if not all of us have had set backs. The thing is to get back at it. Asimmer (Amy) one of the mods here had a quote once (at least I think it was her) that said, "get knocked down 7 times, BUT GET UP 8!!"

How true that is. Exercise is not all about gym, diet, cardio. IT can be different, try power lifting, strong man training, try bike trails, trail running, my fav is in the summer I try and do what I call Awkward Lifts....take anything outside (cement bricks, garabage cans what have ya) and lift them.....go for a run, put the kids in the stroller and push it....hell I have even taken our double stroller put 2 30lb kids in it and added weights to it as well. My point is to do something and stick to it. MAKE THAT DECISION TO DO IT.

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2007/04/19, 12:26 PM
I'll add roller blading to the list (the whole family could join in - a picnic lunch would make a great day at the park)

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language