Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

pre-meet preparation...

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/18, 11:11 PM
I had a torn tendon in my left hand and my thumb was dislocated, so having the bar spread out on my hand as opposed to sitting in the pouch between my thumb and pointer finger made it much easier.

DE Deadlift today. 12 sets of 1 @ 225lbs (~50-60%) No other work. Time to start recovering...

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2007/04/18, 11:02 PM
so it would be easier for me to use fat bar instead of reg for pressing? cuz i have noticed it really gets my hand hurting right now b/c of lots of pressure from such a tiny area... thats amazin... didnt even think of that!

sorry to interrupt!!!:)
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/17, 10:27 PM
Thought I'd run a post similar to my last thread that I posted in preparation to nationals...

Haven't taken this meet as seriously, but I've made some changes.

I was able to start pressing about 8 weeks ago with a thick bar, and about 4-5 weeks ago with a barbell. Not optimal, but still better than nothing. Started with thick bar press as a repetition lift, and at the 6 week mark I managed to start max effort BP training.

My ME rotation was floor press, bench w/chains, competition bench.

Not much in the way of ME DL, but I've been squatting and pulling sumo until a few weeks ago. Switched out sumo pulls for DE deadlifts 2 weeks ago (3 weeks out)

About 3 weeks ago I began splitting my upper body workouts into AM and PM sessions. This past week I dropped the PM sessions and cut the volume on my lower body day.

Got in my last heavy press session on Monday (military press workout). Tomorrow will be my last workout before the meet (Sunday) and it'll be 12 sets of singles for DE Deadlift.

I feel beat, but have continued setting PRs in training. My taper feels a lot better this time around, and I don't have any pains or injuries holding me back.

Also just moved up to the 165lb weight class, so I feel a lot healthier not having to worry about making weight.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/04/19, 09:10 AM
I thought that you were going to weigh in above 165