Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

vascectomy veterans?

oliechef
oliechef
Canada
2007/04/16, 05:31 PM
I am scheduled to have a vascectomy soon:(, and I've been hearing horror stories about guys doing too much too soon. At the same time, I am starting back from a 10 year absence from anything physical, and I worry about becoming complacent again with time off. Any advice?
pcorey
pcorey
United States
2007/04/17, 08:09 AM
Just take it easy for a week or two. I heared lots of stories myself, but it's not that bad. When I had my vasectomy I worked 12 hours shifts at a warehouse unloading trailers of merchandise. I just took a week off and was good to go. Yes, I realize that you're talking about incisions in a sensitive area, but they are sooo small it's kind of silly how worked up you can get. I recommend doing a lot of sitting for at least a couple of days. Use a bag of frozen peas on your lap instead of an ice bag. The cubes can be a bit heavy. I remember my kids asking why I had frozen peas on my lap. I told them I had an ouchy and they were magic peas that made me feel better. Of course for months after my kids asked for magic peas everytime they had an ouchy.