Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Meaningful Work

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/04/09, 11:08 AM
Someone i know stated the other day that they hated seeing people in the gym just going thru the motions. This person used the example of someone on the treadmill hardly walking at all. I know exactly what she meant. We all have seen them in the gym....those that are healthy enough to workout, meaning they have no medical nor physcial reason not to really pushit. Yet there they are day in day out hardly lifting a weight at all. Why is this bad? Come on you know that the body is lazy. If you do not push it the results will not come.

Besides it really makes those that are in there for serious work pissed off to see slackers. They take up space and time in the gym. Why be there if you are not serious about training? I am not saying that they are not allowed to be there, it is a free country after all. However do not come into the gym and tie up the rack or treadmill to talk on you phone or somethig like that.

My question to you is- Why pay for the membership, take time out to go and not use it to the most it can be used for. If you come in the gym with the intent to do meaningfull work then you are half way to your long term goal. It is far better to go in with the intent to totaly lay waste to your body, than to go in and doit half assed.

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2007/04/09, 11:21 AM
To look at chicks mutt...geeze.

--------------
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.

Charlie
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/04/09, 11:22 AM
I know you love chickens for more than food Charlie....

--------------

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/04/09, 12:49 PM
In sme cases mutt, they may have the same problem I had. I didn't know what I was doing!!!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/04/09, 12:51 PM
Conan that is not always an excuse.....I was in the same boat and this is not really meant for newbies pe se....more those that are in the gym all the time and just waste time....

--------------

hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2007/04/10, 07:28 PM
I tend to agree with conan. I think in most of these cases those people dont really know what they are doing or understand that they should be working harder. It is like the people you see that come in and get on the bike for 45 minutes and read a magazine. I wonder if they realize that there are better ways.

Still at least they are doing something. I dont have a problem with them, as long as they dont get in my way.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/04/10, 08:53 PM
This was not meant to be meaning the new ones should not be in the gym. IT was meant to let folks know that it is ok to go in the freakin sweat, lift aweight that was a bit over anything they have lifted. DO some meaningful work and see the results

--------------