Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

is it because I dont care??

shadowstar
shadowstar
United States
2007/04/08, 04:46 PM
I started to gain weight when I was in the 8th grade, my parents bought a shop and it was candy and soda's etc etc..., so anywaysi went from 200 to to 210 to 245 to 265 to 285 to 300 to 330 this all happend from 8th grade to now sophmore in college, if i go out I make sure I wear clothes that hide my weight, needless to say I've become a loner is it because of my weight or is it just the way I am I dont know but i dont hate it nor like it, sometimes I would feel random shots of pain in my chest, stomach area, arms but I just ignore them, my mom bought me a lifetime membership to a gym and forces me to leave the house and work out for at least an hr a day but i usually go to a fastfood restaurant binge and then go home, for some reason I dont care about the weight i know of the risk I know what could happen but I sit at home and I just dont care, some may say this coming here is caring who knows, I am the only obese person in my family everyone is skinny or well built I stick out like a sore thumb, and I never go out im not depressed I know that and I dont hate being alone but my question is why do i have this feeling that says "who cares just do what you wanna do" everytime my family askes me to do something about my weight or at random times i start feeling pain in random parts of my body is it simply because I dont care?
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2007/04/08, 06:01 PM
it is depression and probably low testosterone at that...take it from a fat guy himself....depression is often what makes you segregate yourself from the masses especially if you are withdrawing seek a professional garanteed this will be the case
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/09, 11:09 AM
I would agree with jay - if you didn't care you wouldn't be here.
I think you're depre4ssed and making excuses, you obviously eat to cover up some kind of trauma or fear.

get some counseling and start going to the gym, even just walking would be agood start. Stop killing yourself with food.