Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

i cant stop eating sweets!!!!

ghettogurl44
ghettogurl44
United States
2007/04/04, 10:45 PM
i am absolutly cant stop eating candy it is addictive what the hell am i supposed to do!!!!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/05, 08:29 AM
You have to make the decision to stop and demonstarte some good old fashioned will power.

Be sure you are eating plenty of healthy foods, if you don't eat enough calories your body will drive you to eat and you will end up binging on junk most of the time.

When the urge to eat candy comes over you, head out the dorr for a 15 minute walk, or do some push-ups, or write out your reasons for not eating candy, or talk to a friend, figure out something that sufficiently distracts you from it long enough to let the craving pass. When I have a strong craving and I know it isn't real hunger, i drink a big glass of really cold water, usually by the time i am done the craving has passed.

Identifying the things that trigger you to eat candy may be useful - keep a food journal and write down how you were feeling, emotionally, physically when you wanted candy. Maybe a pattern will emerge. many 12 step programs use the letters HALT - when you fee like 'using' examine how you feel - are you Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired? then figure out how your REAL need can be met instead of feeding it candy.

I hope this helps !

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle