Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Westside out of WPO

rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2007/04/04, 07:51 PM
Some things happened at the Arnold that were bad, but I didn't realize it would end up like this. This is what Louie Simmons wrote about it on 4/3:

First I would like to apologize for the treatment of Taisia and Sergiy at the 2007 Arnold Classic, on the behalf of Westside Barbell and all of its lifters. Because of this, I Louie Simmons and all members of Westside Barbell, will not and cannot be associated with the APF and/or the WPO from this point on April 3, 2007.

I hope others with integrity will follow us in a new direction. If powerlifters don?t stand behind each other, regardless of race and nationalities, the integrity will crumble before our feet. My life has been dedicated to powerlifting for 41 years and all my memories and friendships have sprung from powerlifting. The fins, Germans and of course the Ukrainians are a large part of these friendships.

I would like to extend a warm invitation to all countries especially the Ukraine?s and of course Mr. Kutcher and Mr. Yarymbash and the 19 year old 100k lifter who was disqualified without doing a single deadlift, to come to Ohio and have a chance to win money and I mean guaranteed cash money competing against the best we have to offer. If our competitions from our foreign lands die, we die as well. We will treat you as we would like to be treated, fairly and with respect.

Once again, I would like to apologize to Taisia and her Ukrainian teammates.

Sincerely

Louie

--------------
Michael

Those who think they know everything, annoy those of us who really do.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/04/05, 08:26 AM
What happened at the Arnold exactly? Any articles or links?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/04/05, 11:55 AM
Wow... Thanks for sharing. Care to divulge where you got the info?

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/05, 12:04 PM
Kidder Kieran has a history (a long history) of screwing lifters, especially when it comes to prize money. IMO, his removal from the WPO would be the only thing that could save it.

From what I heard at the classic, supposedly a Ukranian representative didn't get Kieran money in between sessions, and so Kieran booted their lifter.

Louie Simmons continues to be a class act, and it will not be the 50 or so lifters from westside that follow him, but rather hundreds of lifters and fans out of respect (and with good reason) for Louie.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/05, 06:51 PM
The information Michael posted was on the GoHeavy forum, along with this explanation from Kidder...

Taisia:

Hello. I can't tell you how upset you have made me by refusing to pay Me the $3000 you promised you would have before the contest started. Even if you had not bombed out in the deadlift you still would have been disqualified since you lied about the getting the money before the deadlift started.

Kind of ironic that you screwed the WPO over, but you you ended up screwing yourself over by missing all 3 deadlifts. Now to get back into the WPC/WPO you must pay the $3000 Arnold Classic Guest Lifter Fee, and additional $2000 fine for a total of $5000.You have no choice, but to pay this money if you want to continue on lifting in the WPC/WPO.

The way I see it you are responsible for your 2 of your own Countrymen not receiving the prize money they deserved.

Oleksandr Kutcher 2 time WPO Lightweight Champion, and Evgen Yarymbash the new WPO Heavyweight Champion only got $1500 each, if you had paid the money you promised they would have been able to receive $3000 each. I will make sure that Spartak makes them aware of this.

You will have 2 WPO World Champions who are your fellow Ukrainian Teammates mad at you for your selfishness. I had planned on using that money for all 4 WPO Champions to receive prize money. By not paying your $3000 Guest Lifter fee you are also responsible for WPO Middleweight Champion Dondell Blue, and WPO Superheavyweight Champion Andrew Bolton not getting $3000 each.

Andrew Bolton is the best powerlifter in the World!! Your a nobody whose self centered thoughtlessness ways are preventing the Worlds Greatest Powerlifter from getting prize money.

I have sacrificed more time, energy, and money into this sport than anybody in the history of powerlifting. You are one of thousands of lifters who want to lift in the in the Arnold Classic at the WPO Finals.

Yes I did not mention the Guest Lifter fee in Lake George New York to to lift in WPO Finals at the Arnold Classic. But that is not the point! You are a great upcoming talent no doubt. But with that being said you are only 20 years old, and havent completely proven yourself.

You are one of many high level female powerlifters, and I can think of 6 female lifters I would have picked before you if they were ready to lift.

So out of respect/appreciation you should have been more than happy to pay the Me/WPO the money to Guest Lift, and I know for a fact your sponsor gave you the money. But you chose to be a greedy person instead, which explains your negative attitude. We might not speak the same language, but I can tell by looking at you that you are a lifter who only cares about herself. So now your greediness is going to cost $5000 total to get back in the WPC/WPO.

I know you have been kicked out of the IPF, and the whole powerlifting world knows the GPC is for second rate lifters. For the sake of your powerlifting career I would get your sponsor to get you the money as soon as possible. If you have nowhere to compete your sponsor won't want to sponsor you anymore. Get Spartak the $5000 immediately!! Good day!!

Kieran Kidder, WPC/WPO President.

Basically, Tasia couldn't get his sponsor to pay the $3000 lifter fee, and so Kidder somehow came up so short that he had to screw 4 people out of $1500. Math anyone???

WPO has been going downhill since KK kicked Shawn Lattimer, one of the top names in the sport, and one of the most well respected powerlifters out there as a person, out for bombing out of a meet.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk