Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

How low can they go

Ironi
Ironi
United States
2007/02/23, 09:11 PM
Okay here's my deal. I'm a first time female poster and I'm ready to get active except for one last mental hurdle. I don't want to be teased about it so if you do - I'll get mad and dislike you intensely. Just thought you should know in advance how it's going to go down.

I really feel that I need to lose some weight. I'm 5'6" and between 150-155lbs. I feel I should probably be down around 130 to be healthy and have more stamina and energy. I'm don't really give crap about what the scale says, but more about how I feel.

I know what needs to be done. I just cannot find the time to do it. I've made some small adjustments in diet and managed to drop a few (this was before the holidays). My life feels like a run away train. And then I look at other families and it seems their train is going even faster than mine. But some of them seem to find the time to get out and move! And then I can't figure out how they manage to squeeze in the time to excercise. This makes me feel even worse.

On the few occasion that I have managed to drop some weight the first place I loose it is my chest. Now......I can live with a smaller chest. I'm not so defined by cup size that I wouldn't trade it in for a smaller thigh size. BUT.....hubby likes what he's used to. He wants it all to shrink except the bust. So I feel like I get negative feedback just when I need reinforcement. I have NO control over where the weight drops from. Realistically he knows this.....but it doesn't change the fact that I know he'll miss the girls if they shrink.

Does anyone know of a way to loose weight without having the girls shrink or worse yet.......drop when they do shrink?

msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/02/23, 09:18 PM
No, but I can tell you that once they get small enough, they don't seem to droop quite as much (not as much weight to pull them down).:)
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2007/02/23, 09:40 PM
Welcome Ironi...no, to my knowledge there isn't a way to do this. Breast tissue is fat and will be affected by a fat loss program.

My advice? Do what makes YOU feel beautiful and healthy, that's what's important. If hubby is displeased, tell him that can buy you some new "girls" for Christmas next year. :cool:

--------------
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/23, 09:52 PM
ANd work your chest with weights to give it a boost from underneath.

--------------

If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can\'t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
Rosalyn Carter

Ironi
Ironi
United States
2007/02/23, 10:35 PM
While I consider it tacky in the extreme to discuss this in daily conversations, I think it might apply here. My starting point is 5'6", 155lbs, and a DD.

While weight lifting for bulk is not in my plan, I do plan to incoporate some light weights for the pecs so the underlying muslces can do their job of supporting the bewbs. I think my spouse has loved every pair of hooters he's ever had the pleasure of meeting. I just don't want him holding those meetings down by my knees. The idea of them dropping (in height, not size) terrifies me. I'm not the implants kind of girl. A lift maybe.......but not implants.
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/02/24, 10:52 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/02/24, 11:52 AM
I do feel for you...although I've never been a DD or anything close. I'm not the implants kind of girl either and I can't say I'm thrilled with the location of my breast at the moment. Mine will never make it to my knees because there isn't enough there. Trust me, you will not get bulky if you go with the heavy weights, but you will have a better chance of developing your pecs so they can offer some of the support you are looking for.

============
Quoting from ironi:

While I consider it tacky in the extreme to discuss this in daily conversations, I think it might apply here. My starting point is 5'6", 155lbs, and a DD.

While weight lifting for bulk is not in my plan, I do plan to incoporate some light weights for the pecs so the underlying muslces can do their job of supporting the bewbs. I think my spouse has loved every pair of hooters he's ever had the pleasure of meeting. I just don't want him holding those meetings down by my knees. The idea of them dropping (in height, not size) terrifies me. I'm not the implants kind of girl. A lift maybe.......but not implants.
=============
christal086
christal086
Australia
2007/02/28, 03:15 AM
just think if your body reduces in size and so do your breasts maybe they will appear bigger than before because your waist is smaller and defined? honestly i have been wearing a DD bra and i know its far to small i hate these boobs i know when i was smaller they were a C cup and totally suited my body size and shape. so maybe yours will to and hubby will still like the "girls"
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/28, 10:05 AM
Yeah, they look nicer, even though smaller, when they are on a lean, toned body :)

--------------

If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can\'t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
Rosalyn Carter

Ironi
Ironi
United States
2007/03/01, 02:32 AM
Went on my 3rd walk today. I know it's not much but I have to start somewhere. Will probably shop this weekend for a pair of moderate hand weights. I have two pairs and both are unsuitable. One is the spouses and they are WAY to heavy. The other....I don't even know how they got in my house. They are very very light.

I'm not really into lifting so I may be on the wrong board. But I appreciate all the input. Like I said, I don't care if the size drops. It's the actual physical drop that I fear. I don't want to look like I have two old tube socks pinned to my chest. :(

Since someone asked, this was a few years back when I was at about 150. Am at about 160 now.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/73/150lbsml4.jpg
2007/03/01, 11:30 AM
Your husband will probably like the new landscape. My wife went through the same worry when she started working out. I was pleasntly surprised at how much I liked the change. It was like getting some strange to me. And it was legal...

--------------
Sometimes life is like herding cats.

Charlie
thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/03/03, 11:18 AM
My wife is in the same boat, only she's 5'2 and a DDD. She used to be a DD, then she lost some weight, and they actually got bigger. I say all the time, that I loved that diet, but the truth is, I know she hates how big they are. Truth be told, if she REALLY wanted it, and we had the money, I would pay for a reduction (Even though she says they'll just grow back). The back problems she deals with due to them can sometimes be a hassle, not to mention, she has to wear goggles when doing cardio as to not blacken her eyes (JK :big_smile:).

I would rather have her healthy than anything else!