Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Losing weight (unhealthy) HELP!

yarm
yarm
Canada
2007/02/23, 04:31 PM
Around September 2005 I weighed about 128lb
Up until June 2006 I weighed about 140 - 145lb and I was stable at 143lb
I am 17 years old, 5"6 (I stopped growing)
I am 126.5lb (haven't been this light in 2 years)
I have a high metabolism and I eat 3-6 meals a day. (breakfast, brunch, lunch, afterschool, dinner, sometimes midnight snacks)

I will try to list all the events that are significant about my weight in chronological order
- September 2005 I worked out two-three times a week until about March 2006 gaining about 10 - 14lb of muscle mass and probably some fat (I had taken protein at that time)
- I carefully kept track of my weight and I maintained 140lb from March 206 until July 2006
- I went to vietnam for an entire month of August, during the 2nd week, I got really sick and all I could do was crap and barf for a week, I had next to no appetite. All I ate was congee (I tried to force myself to eat as much as I could a day, which was about a small bowl a day) I was fortunate enough to get hold of a scale and weigh myself after I was better. I still weighed 140lb, maybe a pound less.
- For the remainder of the 2 weeks (this is when I'm feeling much better), all I did was walk up 7 levels worth of stairs about 3 times a day in the hot weather (elevator was too slow, and I decided my feet were faster and funner) I would also walk about 4 miles a day in the sun to get to places. My appetite exponentially increased (back to normal) at about 3 weeks into the vacation.
- When I came back to to Canada I weighed myself at 130. I'm not sure how I lost 10lb, but I did.
- In September 2006 I went swimming at 6am monday to friday everyday (about 40 laps of breast strokes) I had to stop swimming by November for undisclosed reasons
- By December, I weighed about 135lb
- I got a high fever in January and lost all my appetite for an entire week, I could probably only eat half a bowl of food per day that entire week. I went down to 130lb during this week
- My eating patterns have returned to normal and I am now currently at 126.5lb

I'm most certain I have lost almost all the muscle mass I have gained in 2006. I would like to consider myself as a healthy individual with a strong immune system. (I hardly get sick, I was food poisoned in vietnam and a high fever only hits me once every 3 years or so). I try my best not to miss meals.
- I walk home from school everyday and that's just a little over 2 miles
So in 6 months I've lost 16.5lb
Oh, I've stopped working out since March 2006.

How can I stabalize my muscle mass? (I hear that working out and just stopping will show a significant loss of muscle mass) If that is true, how do you maintain a stable muscle mass?
I'd like to weigh at least 160lb (What are realistic goals? I don't intend on gaining much fat, mostly muscle)
How long will it take me to gain ~32lb+?
How can I reduce my weight loss? I've been eatting properly but I just keep losing weight
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2007/02/23, 07:41 PM
That didn't sound like you had a good year.
For this one:

As for this one:

Unless there's something going on medically, if you are eating enough you wouldn't be losing weight. It's pretty simple math - eat more than you use and you'll gain weight.

Luvthemtorts
Luvthemtorts
United States
2007/02/24, 10:49 PM
Not to be rude but were you juicing? You state you worked out from September 2005 to March 2006, a period of 7 months and gained 10-14lbs of muscle. That seems like quite a feat taking the natural route.
As far as your weightloss perhaps seeing a physician would be your best course of action just to make sure you are 100% healthy. Perhaps you picked up a parasite or something on your overseas journey.
In any case best of luck to you!
yarm
yarm
Canada
2007/02/25, 12:55 AM
If juicing is steroids, then no.
the 10-14lb most likely was not all muscle, it must have had to been fat too.

Yeah, I might have picked up a tape worm or something - that totally slipped my mind.

- Thanks for the tips advice guys!