Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Too much or too little

LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2007/02/06, 05:22 PM
Hello, I have been eating what i think to be pretty clean for about 2 months now with little results. Could someone tell me if im doing something wrong. Im 5'6 208-214 lbs, it fluctuates. This is an example of my average day

Breakfast
1.5 cups of fiber one with honey clusters
1 cup of fat free lactose free milk

Snack
Lettuce salad with 2 tbs balsamic viniger .5 tbs extra virgin olive oil w/salt and pepper

Lunch
6 oz boneless skinless ckn breast no toppings grilled on forman
2 cups of broccoli with some salt

Snack
Lettuce salad with 2 tbs balsamic viniger no olive oil, salt pepper

Dinner
6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast with chipotle hot sauce grilled on forman
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

Now according to the nutrition calc, im only hitting an average of 1200 cal-1400 cal... but im so full from all this food. I dont have a probelem with the repeditive food. But is this enough or too little?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/07, 08:09 AM
Add some protein to both snacks, lowfat yogurt, lowfat cottage cheese, fish, chicken, whatever suits you.
Add in more fibrous vegeatbels at dinner - you are having protein and..protein. Have the chicken breast or some fish and some asparagus or brocoli or any type of fibrous vegetables, even a baked sweet potato.

Your overall calories are very low - you are probably in starvation mode with your body stubbornly hanging on to it's fat and losing muscle - the opposite of what you want.
You need a minimum of 2,000 calories.

Add an apple to your first snack.
Switch from the honey cluster stuff to regular, plain oatmeal and dress it up with cinnamon and splenda. Add some scrambled egg and egg whites to breakfast. have some berries at breakfast, if you would like.

Add 1/2 to 1 cup of rice at lunch.

Make this something you can enjoy and adhere to, think of it as a lifestyle that is in progress.

Good luck and keep asking questions!

--------------

Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another.

Richard Bach