Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

What Protein Shake?

stateofmind
stateofmind
United States
2007/02/02, 06:33 AM
Ok i'm 20 years old, about 5'3 (im short dont laugh) and I weigh 123 pounds, I was wondering what proein shake would be best for me, I've started to work out, doing cardio and weight training, Im basically tryin to lose the gut and tighten my stomach up and tone it out, now I exercise in the mornings when I get home, because I work nights, as much as I hate to say this, I work at Wal-mart as a grocery stocker, I do alot of lifting and moving, so when I get home I workout, stay up for a couple of hours and sleep, if t heres anything else you need to know, just ask :) if anyone can help or if you have any kind of advice, it would be greatly appreciated :) thanks in advance..
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/02/02, 11:58 AM
stateofmind, I ran the stocking at Wal-Mart for 6 years. I think your biggest challenge would be eating a healthy diet.
I would think, if possible, lifting before work or after you've had rest would be better so you'd get more out of your workout. I know it's hard working overnight!!
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2007/02/02, 07:43 PM
are you trying to bulk up or lose the gut...it is either or...to do both is extremely hard trust me I am living it right now...I would reccomend keeping your current workout and cardios if it works for you and clean up your diet...protien will not help you lose the weight persay, but a sound balanced diet will, and if you want to bulk up first do a protien shake with a creatien mix in it but beware most shakes have a good amount of fats in them to assist the workout/bulking....so if you are trying to lose the gut first...lose the shake idea
stateofmind
stateofmind
United States
2007/02/03, 10:46 AM
Hmm..well Im trying to lose my gut but want to develop muscle in the abs area in the process, should I try crunches? see the reason why I was thinking protien shake is because I don't eat much durting the day, most of the time at night when I'm at work, and I usually come home and eat a bowl of cereal and I'm good until lunch time around 2 am, so I thought maybe a protein shake when I got home in the morning and my work out and one when I left the house to go to work around 9PM would do some kind of good for me