Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

A diet guidline please!

Tweakt25
Tweakt25
United States
2007/01/29, 05:56 PM
Alright, i'v searched everywhere and i have come up with tones of different results, i dont eat a lot and i would really like to be fit for fall sports but i have trouble getting rid of the weight. I have no idea why i cant lose it because i exercise quite a bit and i have maybe a bowl of cherios in the mornin, a turkey sandwich for lunch and maybe some forzen stuff for dinner. i think its the dinner thats doing me in but i dont know what else to eat. I weigh 209 lbs and im 15 (6'0), if i were a football player id stay the way i am but alas i am not. I need a steady diet plan that will help me lose weight for soccer season.
somebody help me.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/01/29, 06:39 PM
I'm guessing you are not getting enough calories. If you don't get enough, your body goes into starvation mode and starts saving and storing everything, thus, added and unwanted weight.

Check to see how many calories a day you need and go from there.

There is a pile of information in the Nutrition tab and even more in the Diet forum.

Welcome to FT.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

Tweakt25
Tweakt25
United States
2007/01/29, 07:42 PM
I have checked my calorie intake and i have at least 100 calories over... can anybody point me in the right direction of what to eat for breakfast, lunchy, and dinner...
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/01/29, 07:58 PM
Have you checked the Diet Forum?

--------------

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

Tweakt25
Tweakt25
United States
2007/01/29, 09:31 PM
qhere is said diet forum, i cant find it
could you give me a link
and maybe give me an idea of what i should eat that is healthy
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/01/29, 09:36 PM
Click back on the Message Board button. Look for the forum labelled "Specific Diets & Nutrition Discussion."

In there you will find a grocery list. Eat what's on it.

t

--------------

Sometimes I feel I\'m typing just to read my own words. - Me

joannak000
joannak000
Canada
2007/02/26, 06:48 PM
I have been reading all of these posts here and one thing comes to my mind. EAting Disorders, I mean when we focus on food, excersize and nutrition so much we get obbsessed. If we just ate when our body tells us its hungry maybe we could overcome a lot ofproblems. I mean eat when you're hungry , eat healty, like a sandwich with fruit. It has to do a lot with your life style, if you loose that inner voice from you're body that you are hungry and cant recognize it, than there is a problem ...start eating 3 hours apart, which makes 6 meals a day... start an hour after u wake up and finish 3 hours before bed...so 7 10,1,4,7 and if youre bed time is 10 thats perfect..the 1st week is so HARD but once u overcome the first week you're on your way to success, and rememer to drink water too ..have a 2 L bottle with you at all times....................:)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/02/26, 06:58 PM
But, for some, the point is to not feel hungry. Some say to eat often enough to not feel hungry. If you're like me when I get hungry I have to eat NOW. Nothing if quick enough and that can get me into food trouble.

--------------

Sometimes I feel I type just to read my own words. - Me