Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

The First Step

sstump1
sstump1
United States
2007/01/04, 04:04 PM
OK
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 04:07 PM
Something very starnge is happening, I have posted this twice and nothing shows up...
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 04:13 PM
Arrgh! The post total says five, that means my previous attempts counted, they just didn't show up!

--------------

Until you value yourself you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
M. Scott Peck
Still nada
jmknippel
jmknippel
United States
Hello....Hello...
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 04:20 PM
The following are excerpts from Tom Venuto's book 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle' I highly recommend it - chock-full of useful info! www.burnthefat.com.:

Assume 100% responsibility for your results.
There's no denying that heredity plays a major role in how difficult it will be for you to lose fat. However, excess bodyfat is the result of many influences. Genetics is only one of them. Heredity may be a factor that governs your rate of progress and ultimate level of development; however, most factors that affect body composition are entirely under your control.

Like it or not, the primary cause of excess bodyfat is your own behavior and attitudes.

NO matter what your body type or genetic potential, you can always lose fat by taking consistent action in all the areas you control.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 04:23 PM
The factors you control:
How much you eat
What you eat
When you eat
What type exercise you do
How frequently you exercise
How long you exercise
ow hard you exercise
Your overall lifestyle
Your mental attitude about your situation

This might offend some people, but the truth is, if you have too much bodyfat, it's your fault, you're responsible. Refuse to accept this and you'll never reach your full potential. If you have excess bodyfat, and you want to lose it permanently, the first step is to accept 100% responsibility for your circumstances.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 04:27 PM
In a powerful little book called "As Man Thinketh", the author james Allen wrote, "circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him." What he meant was that we are not products of our environment or our heredity (our circumstances), instead, we are products of our own thinking and belief systems.
We create our circumstances through positive thinking and positive action, and we create negative circumstances through negative thinking, lack of action and wrong actions. In other words, you are responsible for who you are, where you are, and what you have - and that includes the way your body looks.
www.burnthefat.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 04:27 PM
There! Cut and paste didn't work, so i typed it in segments:angry:
shaunbroyhill
shaunbroyhill
United States
2007/01/04, 04:38 PM
wow its doing the same to you... i am trying to do the same in my own post but anything that is longer than about 2-3 sentances it doesnt post.....

Cool post though.
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2007/01/04, 04:51 PM
Testing to see if this cuts and pastes:

In a powerful little book called "As Man Thinketh", the author james Allen wrote, "circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him." What he meant was that we are not products of our environment or our heredity (our circumstances), instead, we are products of our own thinking and belief systems.
We create our circumstances through positive thinking and positive action, and we create negative circumstances through negative thinking, lack of action and wrong actions. In other words, you are responsible for who you are, where you are, and what you have - and that includes the way your body looks.
www.burnthefat.com
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2007/01/04, 04:52 PM
If you need to cut and paste something...then cut and paste it to the Notepad first and then cut and paste it here. That should do it for you.
shaunbroyhill
shaunbroyhill
United States
2007/01/04, 04:53 PM
Already tried that personally
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2007/01/04, 04:55 PM
Just did it to her other piece that she said she couldn't cut and paste. Unless it's fixed now...in which case disregard.
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2007/01/04, 04:56 PM
TESTING...ALL TOGETHER NOW:

The following are excerpts from Tom Venuto's book 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle' I highly recommend it - chock-full of useful info! www.burnthefat.com.:

Assume 100% responsibility for your results.
There's no denying that heredity plays a major role in how difficult it will be for you to lose fat. However, excess bodyfat is the result of many influences. Genetics is only one of them. Heredity may be a factor that governs your rate of progress and ultimate level of development; however, most factors that affect body composition are entirely under your control.

Like it or not, the primary cause of excess bodyfat is your own behavior and attitudes.

NO matter what your body type or genetic potential, you can always lose fat by taking consistent action in all the areas you control.

The factors you control:
How much you eat
What you eat
When you eat
What type exercise you do
How frequently you exercise
How long you exercise
ow hard you exercise
Your overall lifestyle
Your mental attitude about your situation

This might offend some people, but the truth is, if you have too much bodyfat, it's your fault, you're responsible. Refuse to accept this and you'll never reach your full potential. If you have excess bodyfat, and you want to lose it permanently, the first step is to accept 100% responsibility for your circumstances.

www.burnthefat.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 04:58 PM
I just tried it from word and no go - the first few attempts I made were from the clipboard and no go, so I don't know what the dealio is. Oh well, it is here now, revel in it's epiphany!:surprised:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/01/04, 05:00 PM
And if you count, there are 16 posts in this thread, but it says 22 on the reply count...
shaunbroyhill
shaunbroyhill
United States
2007/01/04, 05:10 PM
Wow..... wierd. I just reposted mine that I was trying in the obesity one, and posted it into the supplement section instead in multiple posts and it worked with little problem.