Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Shoulder pain

nerie
nerie
United States
2006/12/19, 04:56 PM
For the longest time, I only benched once a week (it was heavy, after a good warmup, working up to 4-7 singles at 90% + 1rm). Now, I am doing speed bench on Sunday and Heavy bench on Wednesday. Last time I did heavy bench, I pinched a nerve while doing a 1rm single. I iced it down, it was still a bit sore the next day, but gone by two days. I have now developed a bit of soreness in my shoulder joints. Not bad at all, but I can tell it isn't muscle soreness. I have complete range of motion, but the pain intensifies when I press on the bone in the middle of the joint. I have also developed a bit of soreness in the bone that sticks out slightly at the base of upper back and neck. This is relieved temporarily by massaging with my thumb. Any idea what the problem may be? It doesn't hurt bad at all, but on the other hand, I am somewhat afraid of going balls to the wall in the chance of perpetuating the problem.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/12/19, 06:26 PM
How did you pinch the nerve?
Get me an MRI or diagnostic ultrasound and I could tell you more, but how accurate of a diagnosis do you think you will get over an internet forum without us seeing you move, etc...?

--------------
Iron and chalk.
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2006/12/20, 12:38 AM
YOU need to see a doctor. We are not doctors on here and know that if we give you medical advice it could come back to bite us because if it is wrong you could sue the crap out of us.....