Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

knees hurt when squating

adalos
adalos
United States
2006/12/17, 03:37 PM
i seem to be having some knee issues. it's not just squating, but even running a short distance will often make my knee(s) hurt. it's not excruciating, but it's definitely uncomfortable. it's always the top of my knee(s) towards the inside of my legs. squating often makes it aggrivated, even if it's just me doing warm up squats with no weight.

any ideas? should i get something like that checked or is it just joint pain from innactivity? like i said, it's bearable, but noticeable. any i don't necessarily have to be lifting weights to get it going, but then sometimes i can go for weeks with nothing at all as far as discomfort. maybe it's just a weak muscle/tendon?
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/12/17, 03:42 PM
Get it checked and lay off the squats and running until you know more!

If you know something is a source of a pain it makes no sense to continues that exercise.

Think longevity and how your in it for the long hall because sitting on the couch because you pushed something thats been telling you to stop too far can sit your ass on a couch for months if not longer!
adalos
adalos
United States
2006/12/17, 04:06 PM
as a quick aside, why is it that when i work out any other muscle group, i dont get sore until at least 24 hours later (actually, it's usually 2 days later that i feel it), but with legs it's immediate? they feel like jello from the time i finish the workout until 2-3 days later.