Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Loss of Appetite but trying to Gain

jslee21
jslee21
United States
2006/11/19, 12:43 AM
Hello All, For the past couple days I have not been able to eat as much as usual and am in a 600+ caloric deficit. I am currently trying to gain mass and not sure if I should be eating certain foods during this time. I have already been checked by a doctor who thought it was but ruled out appendicitis. I have been on a steady weight gain and don't know how long and what affect this will do with my progress. I have tried taking in more liquid meals (MRP, protein shakes) but those also seem to make me very full. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/19, 10:27 AM
Are you 'regular' ? Are you getting enough fiber?

You can't eat as much because you get full or because you don't feel hungry?

--------------

There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less.
Kurt Hahn
jslee21
jslee21
United States
2006/11/19, 02:08 PM
I can't eat as much because I get full, feels like a lot of pressure in my stomach and I sometimes have some pain. I kind of get the symptoms of over eating (kind of hard to breath, very bloated feeling) even though I did not eat half as much as I used to in a meal. I believe I am eating enough fiber, fit day calculated my fiber around 35-40g a day. Also the doctor recommended me not eating hard to digest food for awhile and to not eat dairy and meat which is hard because my diet contained a lot of dairy products.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/24, 07:46 AM
It does sound like you are having some kind of food allergy or indigestion, Listen to your doctor. Pursue further testing if this continues, your stomach shouldn't react that way to food.

I have found that cutting out wheat and dairy resolved a lot of stomach issues for me, and when I do have them I get bloated and uncomfortable. I have never had issues with meat consumption, though. I think meat allergies are fairly uncommon.

--------------

There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less.
Kurt Hahn
jslee21
jslee21
United States
2006/12/03, 10:55 PM
Well I just wanted to post with an update. I went to go get a checkup after 2 weeks and the pain has gone away slightly. Sad to say I have lost 4 lbs in those 2 weeks. Doctor also wants me to lay off the exercise for 1-2 weeks. He could not see any problems and thinks it may be a muscle strain and if things dont improve I will have to have a upper GI to check the stomach.