Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

When that git up and go.............

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/11/17, 10:19 AM
Has darn gone off and left, what do ya do?

Seems like a question that a lot of people, yours truly included, have to deal with and a pretty much daily basis time to time. What do you do? It takes a lot of work to have a family, fulltime job, and life matters to attend to, and still find the time to train. I know that there are times I stand in the gym and look around and ask "what the Hell am I doing?" It seems so contrary to us to get up and move. I mean most if not all of us have things that need doing and justifying the time and effort to go to the gym is sometimes impossible. I know that when I go I usually have the boys with me. That alone is hard work, getting them into the car and in and out of it again at the gym, get home, feed, bathe, clothe and bedtime is enough work all by itself.
SO then how do you keep that Fire going? You know the one. That DRIVE the feeds you to go lift, run, diet correctly and keep at it to reacha goal. Here are some things that I do. First is take time off. Does not need to be a lot a day or a few, maybe a week in extreme cases. I listen to music I love and that helps. I watch, action movies (arnold for the most part). I read about weight lifting, browse the power lifting sites. Any or all of those usually kick me back into DRIVE.
Another big thing is setting short term, Mid term and Long term goals. I feel in power lifting that I do it is easy to set a goal and then design a way to reach it. SET GOALS
this can NOT be said enough. IF you have nothing to shoot for then why bother?

IF you do these things, you will find that your times with low motivation and lack of fire and Drive are few and far inbetween!

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!
7707mutt@freetrainers.com
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/11/17, 10:31 AM
good post mutt...

--------------

\" Once upon a time there was a light in my life, Now theres only love in the dark \"
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/11/17, 11:36 AM
perfect!!!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/11/17, 11:58 AM
You have to know your personality. That is some folks for instance can take off a few days, then go back and hit it refreshed mind and body. Others take a day off, and think, well, one day didn't hurt, so another, and this leads to another.

Same with dieting...some folks can cheat occasionally and it benefits them. Others stray and go back to eating crappy food all the time, thinking, well, that one cheat didn't hurt.

It really is a matter of learning 'yourself' and dealing with that aspect. Sometimes we have to 'force' ourselves to do the right thing.

In the end, we all have 24 hrs. in a day.....how we use them is our choice.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/11/20, 02:59 PM
Shoot I just wrote and posted this and what happened?? My git up and go done gone got up and left me!

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!
7707mutt@freetrainers.com
pixies
pixies
United States
2006/12/13, 11:35 PM
Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene. :big_smile: