Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Weight

mlg06
mlg06
United States
2006/11/10, 12:44 PM
I am a 50 year old female. I am 5'5" 168 lbs. I have been trying for a couple of months to loose weight. I have medical problems, RA, OA and low thyroid. I have been exercising at least 3 times a week walking and yoga. I have been eating less calories and more healthy fruit and veg. But I have not lost any weight. Can anyone help me?

Thank you for any help.:angry:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/10, 09:20 PM
Hi mlg06!

Even with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis and low thyroid, i would get you lifting some weights! That will help stimultae your muscle tissue and rev up your metabolism.

My clients who have RA have responded favorably to elimintaing white sugar and wgite flour from their diet. You also want to focus on getting healthy amounts of protein from fish and chicken. Fish oil supplements are supposed to be beneficial also for RA.

Post what you eat in a typical day and what time you eat it and maybe we can help you adjust it a little for better results.

Also - how long have you been exercising and eating better? It can take 3-6 months sometimes to convince your body that this isn't just a fluke and that things have changed and it is okay to release some stored energy.

--------------

You only ever grow as a human being if youre outside your comfort zone.
- Percy Cerutti
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/10, 09:21 PM
Sorry - that is eliminating :surprised: and white flour:angry: