Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

My problem>>> Please HELP!!

imwomen
imwomen
United States
2006/11/02, 11:45 PM
Okay so my problem maybe a lot like other peoples. <br> When I was younger I went threw the whole not eating and throwing up everything I ate. (I took trim spa so I wouldnt eat and then when my parents realized, they made me start eating, then I didn't want to hold down anything.) Now I eat and boy do I love to eat. My problem is, I eat healthy and exercise and drink nothing but water when I start to gain some extra baggage. Then when I look fine again, I go back to my ol' I want to eat everything stage. Recently I weighed myself and was almost 170 (I have never been that big in my life.) I want to get back down to my regular weight of 125-130ish. I recently went on a diet (with no exercise) and am down to 158.5 But, how do I stop my addictive bad habit? How do I just continue eating healthy and exercising? Any advise???? Please help!!!:(
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/03, 08:16 AM
seek professional help for your eating disorder and body image issues.

--------------

Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.
Napoleon Hill
imwomen
imwomen
United States
2006/11/03, 11:34 AM
Umm... no money for professional help. I do not have a eating disorder any more. My problem now is "My problem is, I eat healthy and exercise and drink nothing but water when I start to gain some extra baggage. Then when I look fine again, I go back to my ol' I want to eat everything stage. "
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/03, 06:36 PM
Make the decision mentally not to stop when you feel you look fine.
Educate yourself about the health benefits from regualr exercise, besides the cosmetic benefits. Maybe you will find a different motivator than your 'baggage'.

Welcome to FT, do some reading about motivation, reasons to exercise, etc. Fit buddy, at the bottom of the page, is a search engine that will pull up relevant posts when you put in key words that you are looking for.

The FAQs forum is also full of good reading material.

--------------

Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.
Napoleon Hill
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/11/03, 07:39 PM
imwoman, I understand that you do not have money to get professional help, however, there may be agencies in your community that are there to provide you with the information and help you need. There are also agencies available that sometimes offer free counseling. Try looking into some of these options.
imwomen
imwomen
United States
2006/11/03, 11:56 PM
Thank you both. :)