Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

newbie here

eileenby
eileenby
United States
2006/10/22, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone, I just joined the website and been doing a lot of reading. I am very overweight 5'5" and weigh about 215. Where do I start. I do a lot of lifting at work, and walking. That's it. I have a treadmill at home and some free weights(that I never use) I do have a small weight room at work with some different equipment.

Where do I start??? Should I walk on the treadmill for a couple of weeks to get myself going???
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/23, 08:24 AM
Hi eileen...yes,you want to start small...start out by setting a plan.Know that you will walk on your treadmill say 4 days a week 20 min a day and you will cut out one food item that you KNOW is not what you should be eating(that can be anywhere from butter on your bread,to sodas,to icecream)set a goal to stick with that for 7 days,then add to that every week.Have a plan and small goals...get more involved in the details in a month or so..after you have figured out this will be a lifestyle change,and not just a "diet"..that will make things easier to accept.Good luck yo you...oh...and please fill out your profile.:)