Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Let;s get the fat loss started!

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/04, 09:00 AM
Okay - hwat are you willing to do to lose the weight?

I see a lot of people in this forum who complain about how badly they want to lose weight, but then they disappear, never to be heard from again.

Here is what I am proposing - A challenge!
4 months of guided fat loss. What do you have to lose?
Starting Monday October 9th. The challenge will involve a specific eating plan and required workouts. We will modify accordingly for individual needs and abilities.

If you are interested - sign up here! Then when there are at least 2 challenge participants I will post a nutrition thread here and a workout thread here.

So, quit complaining and take action - you will feel so much better!

If there are

--------------

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle
gecko4life
gecko4life
United States
2006/10/04, 10:41 AM
Well after only loosing 13 pounds in 3 months I will sign up for this. Will be interesting to see where I am making my mistakes at :big_smile:
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/04, 10:43 AM
Good for you gecko....you'll like this...it's gonna be fun...anybody else????
2006/10/04, 12:00 PM
Gecko - a pound a week is not bad. Keep up the good work and enjoy asimmers challange.

--------------
Life is a lesson. You will learn it when you are gone.
vdawnw
vdawnw
United States
2006/10/04, 03:43 PM
OK KC, here I am, just as you suggested. Now...lets lose this weight.
Dawn
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/04, 03:43 PM
Okay - we have one person in - anyone else?

--------------

- Aristotle
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/04, 04:26 PM
You have gecko(up top)and dawn...maybe you should post this in the general forum as well amy...it's gonna be great...you guys will be impressed!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/10/04, 07:17 PM
And all the pros who are participating will help you along! We are here to motivate you all and work right alongside with you!

Let's hear some more "I'M IN's"!!!

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/05, 07:10 AM
I posted this here because I specificaly wanted to do a challenege for the people who mostly hang around this forum. If people from the general forum want to come in and join up, that is fine.

Gecko and Dawn - here is the first step - before Monday you need to have someone take photos of you, front back and side, in a swimsuit or underwear. These are not going to be seen by anyone else, they are just for the days that you need motivation (you can look at them when you don't feel like working out, or when you want to binge) and the weeks that you think nothing is happenening - often your weight may not change but you take new photos and can see a difference in your body.

Also - Measure yourself and write it down. It helps to have someone else do it, but it isn't impossible on your own.
Here are the spots to measure:

Around your upper arm - semi-relaxed, hand on hip. Do both.

Around your chest - men around nipple height. Women I do one measurement right under the bust (where your bra goes around, and one measurement around your breast area. Try to do this without a brs on, because a bra will sometimes reduce your measurement a little.

Around your waist - where you wear your pants, usually belly-button height.

Around your hips - turn sideways and look at the widest part (front-to-back), measure around there.

Around your upper thigh - again, at the largest part. If it helps you to be consistent, measure how far down from your hipbone it is. Do both.

Around your calf - thickest part. Do both.

Anything else you want to track, go ahead and write it on your piece of paper with your measurements. Keep these with your first set of photos.

That is your first assignment. Go to it!!!

--------------

- Aristotle
beth41
beth41
United States
2006/10/25, 09:11 AM
i have to go to work in afew will get you the measurements later
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/25, 09:12 AM
Alright! beth41 is in!