Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Is a full workout possible?

missyh423
missyh423
United States
2006/09/30, 04:58 PM
I recently just started up working out again and my concern is that I have access to only a small workout facility. I am wondering is it possible to get a full workout and lose weight on approximately 20 or so machines? I have access to weights, although no barbells, stair steppers, bikes, treadmills and some other various assorted machines. I am thinking I may have to adjust some of the exercises to work with what I have available to me. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/09/30, 05:18 PM
Guess it depends on what those machines are? I would say, probably.

t

--------------
I am training for birthdays.

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/09/30, 05:47 PM
Why would it not be? Weight loss is all about calorie deficit. Any energy expenditure of any kind will surely contribute to this. However, your diet must be compatible, you cannot continue to eat your 'comfort' foods in any quantity and expect to see body composition changes.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/09/30, 06:02 PM
============
Quoting from bb1fit:

you cannot continue to eat your 'comfort' foods in any quantity and expect to see body composition changes.
=============

Well, that hardly seems fair! hehe...:big_smile:

--------------
I am training for birthdays.

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/09/30, 06:34 PM
You can get a full workout and lose weight without any equipment, if you knwo what you are doing. get in there and be determined.

--------------

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle
JLoabs
JLoabs
Bahrain
2006/10/16, 07:24 AM
definitely!! whenever i don't have time to go to the gym, i use my bike or treadmill or sometimes just weight lift. when im really busy i just use dumbells for around 15 minutes (heavy weight) and it really makes a difference. you don't need much to get in shape, just the drive. good luck!