Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

How many calories do I increase?

marblez
marblez
Canada
2006/09/15, 12:53 AM
I have gone from a completely inactive lifestyle (sat on computer 12hrs a day at work x 4 days a week) to a fairly active lifestyle (run at least 1 mile per day plus 20 min elliptical, weights every other day, judo 2-3x per week, & hiking whenever I get a chance)...

Yes I just woke one day last month and decided to change my life. Haha.

Anyways, how many calories should I increase for this activity? I am 5'4 and 115lbs from a sedentary lifestyle. I have already gained 5 lbs because of this activity.

I would like to stay at 120 or even go back to 115. I guess the more I run (I have a 10min mile right now) the smaller I will be?

I eat pretty good. I will have a piece of homemade fried chicken for dinner if I want, but I will steamed mushrooms too. I get full quite easy. I avoid fast food.

Thanks for the help
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/09/15, 11:56 AM
If you have gained five lb., and are happy, why would you want to increase calories? Apparantely you are a bit above maintenance now, increasing more would simply start to add fat gain. Don't fix what isn't broken. :)

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!