Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Looking for advice

juliaanne
juliaanne
United States
2006/09/12, 04:08 PM
I am new to the site. I have found a lot of good information already. I started my fitness plan yesterday. However, my plan only consists of weight training. Now I'm not a huge fan of a lot of cardio but I know that it needs to be done. I'm looking at wanting to go down about 3 dress sizes. Now normally that would be about 45 lbs for me. But since I've read several posts on this message board I have learned that I should be measuring instead of weighing...

Sooo, since I have weight/ inches to lose how much cardio should I be doing? My schedule is a 5 day weight training, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat.

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/09/12, 04:30 PM
Hi juliaanne....well fist...welcome to FT!!!!:)

You really would do ok working with just the weights...but if you want to add cardio you could some some form 20-25 min 3-4 days a week...it is suggested that you seperate the 2...say you do your weights in the morning...save your cardio for evenings....I've been trying it that way...but it's hard for me I'd rather just get it all done at the same time...the exercise will help alot...but your diet is whats really gonna shed off those pounds...be sure you watch what you eat...and your staying within the calories you need to drop the pounds...read up in the FAQ forum...asimmer has made a post about how many cal you should be taking in.Have fun!!!