Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Muscle Gain per week

Denovas
Denovas
United States
2006/09/11, 04:30 PM
Question to some of the more knowledgeable people out there. I have read, on here and other places. that a pound of muscle burns about 35-50 cal/day as opposed to a pound of fat that burns about 2-3 cal/day. I think of this calculation as I complete every rep. But then I got to thinking that I know that everyone recommends about 2lbs weightloss per week as being safe. But what about an estimate on muscle gain? Is there a calculation or even a ballpark figure regarding how much muscle can be gained in say a week?

Thanks.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/09/12, 07:48 AM
Muscle gain is usually thought of in more long-term, muscle gains of 5-10 pounds a year are really good.

There is a post called 'How much muscle in a year" I think, look it up in fit buddy - you should find an answer that is more specific.

--------------

Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms - to choose ones attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose ones own way.
- Victor E. Frankl