Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

I'm really skinny!!!

blayzed4life
blayzed4life
Canada
2006/08/21, 08:57 PM
Okay I've been stuck in the mid 120 lbs. for like the last year now. At one point I managed to get up close to 135 but that didnt last long. I really want to gain some weight, I've been working out now with the routine given to me on this site for about 5 weeks now and I'm at 127 lbs. When I started I was only at like 120 lbs. I've been eating ALOT lately, some days when I cook or my mom cooks meat, I'll have two porkchops a day or 2 steaks a day. I try to eat atleast 3 or 4 fruits a day and usually have a salad a day too. The big problem is that I have a MAJOR fast matabolism it's crazy. My question I guess is this, should I really be worried about what I am eating? or just eat whatever I can lol. I mean my % body fat is probably very low as it is, I could actually probably use more fat. I'm just woundering if I should really be worried about what I'm eating or just plain eat whatever whenever I can. Thanks for any advice :)
maxcdc
maxcdc
Belgium
2006/08/22, 03:54 AM
Eat 6 times a day, forget about the veggie/fruit if you wanna gain weight... You can still eat them, but you need to eat stuffs like rice, pasta, ...

I dunno if you are doin any cardio, but if so... Stop it right now
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/22, 08:33 AM
My husband has the same problem...a very fast metabolism.When he wants to gain weight he eats a great deal more...but not unhealthy foods.Keep your calories high...but not with junk or fatty foods(look for healthy fats like nuts,avocadoes,use olive oil).look into the nutrition forum and go through the healthy foods list.you're doing very well so far...don't try and speed things up to fast...you might not like the results.
edivecchio
edivecchio
United States
2006/08/22, 08:44 PM
A little cardio is good, but definitely limit it. I have the same issue. I make sure the foods I eat are heathy, but I definitely load up on the protein and carbs. This is the way to gain weight. :)
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2006/08/23, 09:20 AM
maxcdc: Rice and pasta do add bulk....but fruits and veggies are important in staying healthy and cardio while it burns fat is also important in overall health whether bulking or not.....(cardio means heart...there for doing cardio exercises you are strengthening your cardiovascular system)

blayzed4life
1st off how old are you?
2nd:
Increase yolur meal frequency to 6 meals a day and have a good balance of complex carbs and lean protein. Add in a shake to get extra usuable calories if you want but try and get most of your food from whole food sources...
3rd:
As far as resistance training goes...lift heavy (but not so heavy that you compromise form)with low reps to add bulk.
blayzed4life
blayzed4life
Canada
2006/08/23, 05:08 PM
I'm 22, as far as low reps how many should I do? 6, 8 or 10? and how many sets?

Also howcome when the site made my workout program it didnt make it low reps? most excercises in my program are usually 20, 12, 10, 8 for reps and usually 4 sets.