Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

feeling drained

slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/08/16, 08:30 PM
In the past 2 weeks I have felt so exhauseted. It feels like an effort to get up in the morning, and i can barely make it through the day without taking a nap. I have no energy. My diet or routine has not changed at all, however I feel that maybe it may be the weather, its getting a little cooler, and the sun is setting earlier.
Either way, does anyone have any suggestions to help me feel more like my normal self and a little more energetic. Anything extra I should add into my diet to help??
Thanks.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/08/16, 09:20 PM
1. Take 1 to 2 weeks off of training, You sound like your overstrained and your body needs rest. If you don't listen to your body your going to hurt yourself.

2. If the above isn't correct then I would say if your not about to get sick like a virus of some sort then it's in your nutrition intake including vitamins.

3. I may be in left field but I do know When I have totally overstrained myself I felt the same exact way and I was drained to a depression time of drain!

Your best best is to do what I did TYPE in Overstrained in the search and read on a few threads and see it any of it refers to how you feel. Took me almost 2 weeks to recover because I'm also injured!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/08/16, 09:23 PM
Man stupid spell checker, it's over trained not overstrained:angry:
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/08/16, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the input! Any ideas on which extra vitamins or foods i should take in to see if I get any improvements?
MattWV
MattWV
United States
2006/08/16, 10:27 PM
I agree with taking a week off from working out. I did that not too long ago and I came back refreshed and stronger. Make sure you set it at a week and then GET BACK.

I think Vit B is supposed to help with energy.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/08/17, 12:46 AM
bb1fit will most likely stop by and he'll give you the heads up on nutrition, it may be dehydration, food, over training I don't know but I do know if you haven't taken time off for a long time that will bite you in the butt, it's rest the body needs and when we are new like myself and get supper motivated we have a hard time with the rest part, maybe we are afraid to fall backwards but all in all rest is 1 of the 5 big components to fitness! I personally have learned this the hard way.:cool:

============
Quoting from slorbets:

Thanks for the input! Any ideas on which extra vitamins or foods i should take in to see if I get any improvements?

=============