Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

hey guys

underdog21
underdog21
United States
2006/08/01, 02:15 AM
hi everyone,
I am new to this site and just wanted some guidance in what i should be doing to lose weight. I read some other articles and found some helpful tips, but i was thinking about using some sort of supplement to help me lose the wieght. I have tried normal running before and a steady diet, but i just kept staying hugry for the entire day. Even thought was not starving my self my body continues to crave fatty foods which seem like the only thing that fill me up. I'm 190lbs, 5'8, and looking to lose around 30lbs by Dec. I have tried to set up a plan many times before, yet hey always seem to fail.
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/08/01, 03:47 PM
Welcome to FT! Forget about supplements, there is no magic pill out there that will make things easier, at least not in a healthy or permanent way. Set yourself up with a good resistance and cardio program, you can find them on this site. Diet will be the key! Your body will crave bad foods for a while, especially if your surrounded by it. Stay away from it and be strong, start replacing some of the fatty fods with low fat or fat free items. Just a few at a time until you can cut out all the bad fat. Eat a diet high in protein, protein takes longer to be digested therefore it keeps you fuller longer. There are some great food ideas in the nutrition forum. You need to figure out your maintenance calories. Keeping a daily foodlog can help you with this. Then start reducing your calories gradually until you see weightloss. Believe in yourself and be patient! With the right tools and support WE CAN ALL REACH OUR GOALS.

--------------
"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them." -LOTR Trilogy