Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

help! I'm new here

evie27
evie27
United States
2006/07/30, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a 20 year old 5'0 female who weighs 130 pounds. I started on this website because I've come to so many dead ends. I want to eventually weigh in at 115 like I used to be. Now, I have my fitness routine, and I can follow that pretty well, it's just the nutrition part that I need help with. I'm a bad eater, at least I think I am. I eat two meals a day, lunch and dinner. I do make dinner at home though (I don't get fast food to often). But somehow, I just don't think I'm doing it right...any eating suggestions?

--------------
\\"Reach for your goals, obtain your dreams, and settle for nothing.\\"
~Evie
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/07/30, 03:12 PM
2 meals a day is usually not adequate, and chances are you will not lose weight the way you like(fat) with this style diet. Snack more, have some high protein foods. If your calories are too low, the body reacts as a starvation mode, and a bunch of bad hormonal things happen, making it dam near impossible to lose fat as your body is trying to store it. The body is "programmed" so to speak from early times for survival, and upon being starved, will learn to store fat in a protection mode.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
evie27
evie27
United States
2006/07/30, 03:42 PM
thanks for your quick reply. I have just a few more questions. What are some high protien foods? do protien bars count as a quick snack? Also, fruits are also a quick snack also right? for drinks, are poweraids ok? or should i just stick with water? One more thing though, when it comes to my excercise, at what point in my work out should I do cardio, because right now I have been making it the first thing I do after stretching.
Thanks!:)

--------------
\\"Reach for your goals, obtain your dreams, and settle for nothing.\\"
~Evie
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/07/30, 04:08 PM

============
Quoting from evie27:

thanks for your quick reply. I have just a few more questions. What are some high protien foods? do protien bars count as a quick snack? Also, fruits are also a quick snack also right? for drinks, are poweraids ok? or should i just stick with water?

Protein bars will do in a pinch, though I am not fond of them. Too much processing for the most part, but then in a pinch, if you cannot do any better, it beats eating nothing. Look for calories, some are very calorically dense even though they are touted as protein bars(fillers, binders, etc.). Fruits are almost always a good choice, though you will be better off with something that ends in berries, like blueberries, strawberries, etc. Bananas are good, but more calorically dense, and more sugars, especially if ripe. Dried fruits are especially bad, very high in sugar.

For example, 2 cups of grapes contain about 100 calories, 2 cups of raisins (dried grapes) might contain nearly 800. This is because the raisins have had most of their water and air content removed, concentrating their calories into a much smaller volume. Or compare an apple (which contains air, water, fiber) to fruit juice; the fruit juice will contain more calories for a given weight than the apple. This is why both fruit juices and dried fruit tend to be shitty diet food compared to whole fruits, they are far more calorie concentrated.

As far as water or powerade, if not post workout when glycogen may be warranted, water is a much better choice.

One more thing though, when it comes to my excercise, at what point in my work out should I do cardio, because right now I have been making it the first thing I do after stretching.
Thanks!:)

Losing fat as your major goal, it probably does not matter much. Just do it. I would suggest an circuit type workout for you, that is instead of doing one bodypart till finished, do one bodypart, one set followed immediately by another. I would suggest alternating an upper followed by a lower body type protocol. This type circuit pumps blood to the upper body, then right away to the lower body, burning more calories and muscle endurance along with some strength. Do one circuit, rest a couple minutes, and hit another till you complete 3 circuits.

=============

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
bevrock
bevrock
United States
2006/08/17, 08:29 PM
Where can i learn about body type? I want to find out what type i am.. I know i will never be "skinny" but i would like to be healthy. How much do genes play into it all? I take after my dads side and they are all pretty big. I don't wanna say i'm " big boned" .. is there such a thing? But i want to get smaller..i don't think at 31, being the mom of 5, and only 4'11" i will ever be skinny again.. rt now my current wt is 190.. i was up to 198, i vowed to myself NEVER to hit 200.. so i need to bring the Wt down.. Please help me.. i need all the help i can get! Thanks so much... Bev