Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

concentrating on the right areas?

redblondelucy
redblondelucy
United Kingdom
2006/06/25, 01:46 PM
Hi, I'm around 250lbs, and for the past month i've been working out around about 2-3 times a week in the gym. But, i'm not sure if i'm concentrating on the right areas. I'm very bottom heavy (large hips, thighs, lower stomach), so i'm doing around 30-40 mintues, (bike, cross trainer and treadmill) and then doing a few weights, just on my upper body, light weight and plenty of reps.

I was just wondering if this is actually the best work out to lose weight off my legs and thighs. I really don't want to build up muscle on my legs, or my calves,they are aready big enough!

Thanks for your help:big_smile:
Zaboo2
Zaboo2
United States
2006/07/04, 07:10 PM
well there is no such thing as spot fat removal.

My advice would be keep up the good work. Try to squeeze another day in the gym or doing something thats exercise. Any exercise is better then no exercise! With all that you may start thinking about increasing the weights and doing less cardio. The reason being is weight lifting can be an excellent cardio workout. in addition you will build muscles which will naturally burn more calories even when not exercising! The gift that keeps on giving :)