Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Too Tired No Time To Exercise

LoveMySoldier
LoveMySoldier
United States
2006/06/20, 12:19 AM
Hi. I am a mother of 4 small children (9 weeks, 3, 5 and 7) and I REALLY want to lose the belly fat AND the extra weight. I am motivated, but am way too tired (I work overnights and am up with the children all day except at nap time). Also, finding time to exercise is a problem. I walk with my children to the park and we take walks just to relax and enjoy the day. I also joined a softball team this summer. Other than that though, it's hard to find the time and energy to stick to an exercise routine and a good, healthy diet. Any suggestions? Thanks!

--------------
~Jess
God Bless America and those who love and defend her!!
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2006/06/20, 12:46 AM
I feel for you. I had four children close together but I never worked. I would get up early and do workout videos or take the kids to the childcare room at my gym. Other times I'd get up before the kids, while my husband was still home getting ready for work, and take brisk walks around the neighborhood. You'd be surprised how quickly I thinned out. But again, I didn't work--I don't know how you do both. Focus on a healthy diet to keep your energy up at the very least, and enjoy your babies. I think you're on the right track, keeping at least moderately active for now--your baby is only 9 weeks old, after all. I wish you the best!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/06/20, 08:35 AM
Hi Jess...I agree with msmogreen,doing both is difficult!!And you're a military spouse I see and that has challenges all it's own!!My advice would be to find 20 minutes a day to really get your heart rate up,if you set that 20 minutes aside every day you'll start to see a difference.Doing it at the same time everyday would be best but if you just can't manage it try putting a little muscle into your housework,or dancing in the living room with the kids for 20 minutes.Good Luck to you...and keep it up!!
My sincere thanks to your husband for his military service...and to you for your support and dedication.A military spouses life can be a challenge.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/06/20, 09:25 AM
I agree with the other ladies as well, life with little ones and working can be exhausting (been there, done that, but I only had 2 kids!) what I'd suggest is getting a babysitter 2X/week for at least 1.5 hrs each. Then find a workout you enjoy, if that's going to the gym to do weights, great...but make sure it is something you enjoy. Make sure you have enough time after your workout to relax a bit. Once a month use one of your workout times to treat yourself (go for a long walk, go shopping, get your hair done--whatever--but make it you time). Make this a habit, you'll benefit from it in soooo many ways.

As far as diet goes...just get some healthy foods into the house. It'll benefit everyone. If your not into preparing meals in a big way, keep things simple. Buy pre-cooked roasted chickens, pre-prepare large amounts of chicken breasts, buy pre-packaged salad greens, keep cut veggies around.

Good luck and by the way, your current walks with the kids and playing softball are a great start already! Your youngest is only 9 weeks old, so give yourself a break:big_smile: no wonder your tired!!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/06/20, 04:27 PM
I am sorry but I have to say this since being a mother of four all a year and a half apart, as in the words of Nike "Just Do it!"

Continue implementing them into some of your exercises, like walking, doing sit ups, etc. They think it is a fun thing and you are getting your exercises done as well.

here are a couple of sites that can help assist you in types of workouts to do with them:
http://www.absolutefitinc.com/Kids_exercise.htm
http://www.canyon.net/fitkids/index.htm
http://www.aboutaerobics.com/kids-aerobics.html
http://www.nsc.org/pubs/fsh/archive/fall00/exercise.htm

I can tell you right now, the longer you make excuses, the farther away it becomes, you need to discipline your mind (which is where 90% of the battle is coming from) to do it and you will succeed.

Good luck! :big_smile:

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

LoveMySoldier
LoveMySoldier
United States
2006/06/23, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the great advice! I'm gonna try getting my kids to do it with me. (Maybe we'll try them each doing a certain exercise with me cause we tend to trip over each other when we all try to do the exercise videos at once. lol) We'll see how it goes. :)

--------------
~Jess
God Bless America and those who love and defend her!!