Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

What Am I Doing Wrong?

davidday
davidday
United States
2006/06/16, 03:03 PM
I'm also posting this in the Nutrition Forum because I'd like some feedback from there as well.

So, I was disappointed this morning when I stepped on the scale for my weekly weigh-in. After a week of getting in all my workouts and eating right, I was hoping I'd lose more weight, but the scale only reflected a loss of 0.8 pounds! And I'm trying to lose close to 60lbs! I'm not complaining because over the course of 5 weeks, I have lost 13 lbs about which I am very happy.

I know people trying to lose weight and build lean muscle should not be a slave to the scale, but I have a few questions:

-Could this small move on the scale be due to muscle gains or is it too early to see those results? I mean I feel muscle development in my legs, shoulders and arms. I only returned to working out 5 weeks ago, but last year I worked out like a mad man.

-Is my diet okay? I generally take in around 2000 calories daily, 220g of carbs and 150g of protein a day. I'm 5'10" and weigh 257lbs.

-Is my workout okay? I do weights three days a week (a plan from this site) and try to get in five to six 30-40 minute cardio sessions per week. I make sure that on days I do weights, I do them in the evening and do my cardio in the morning, as I read here that this is a good plan.

Once again, don't get me wrong. Overall, I am happy with my results and am actually wearing a shirt to work today that was too tight for me last month. I'm just curious and would like to know if there's more I should be doing.

Thanks for your time,

--------------
Dave
----------------------------------------
Eu achei um amor que é bom para mim...
ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2006/06/16, 03:20 PM
The shirt is what you should listen too. sometimes the weight does not move as fast as you would hope but if you go by looks and feel (such as the shirt) you are seeing results. Keep it up and the weight will also drop
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/06/19, 12:53 PM
I would suggest that you take measurements of all your body parts and write them down. Do that once every 4 weeks. Since you're building muscle in additon to burning fat the scale may not reflect the results of your hard work. When you take measurements however you will see the inches come off even when the scale is hardly moving. Also keep in mind, you WILL hit plateaus! When that happens switch up your routine and lower your caloric intake a bit. Good Luck:big_smile:

--------------
"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them." -LOTR Trilogy