Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Weightloss - What am I doing wrong?

ScorpioMI77
ScorpioMI77
United States
2006/06/15, 11:47 AM
HELLOOOOOOOO everybody!!!!! I'm hoping to make new friends and learn a few new tricks through this site - I hope!

ME:

My goals - to loose 50 pounds. I gained so much weight when pregnant with my son (now almost 9) I have never been able to recover since. I've had one more child since then (daughter almost 5) and a couple miscarriages. Before children I weighed about 100ib, and felt and looked my best at around 105ib (NOTE I'M not even 4'11"!!!) now I'm teetering at 165 IBS. I've come to this forum to read and find out what I am doing that can be fixed/modified so I can acheive permanant weightloss. I managed to get down to 125 but for some odd reason in january/2005 within a 6 week period I litterally smacked on 27 IB, NO JOKE! It was mortifying - with no change to my diet or excersize routine. Then around the same time again the next year (this past february 2006) I packed on another 15 pounds in a 6 to 7 week period (once again no change to my diet/excersize)Now, like I said - I am 4'10 1/2" and weighing 165 pounds!

FOOD:

I eat healthy, I think, for the most part. My diet mainly consists of soups and salads, occasional fish, or skinless chicken breasts. Average daily intake is about 700/cal/day. I watch fat and carb intake like crazy and also stay away from anything that contains bleached flour, high fructose corn syrup (mostly for the kids benefit), etc So I feel I am consious for myself and my family on what should or shouldn't be consumed.

EXCERSIZE:

My daily excersize routine is uaually a minimum of a mile walk (outside) or gilde (on a gazelle I just bought for rainy days) and usually resitant bands or my total gym for strength training 3 days or so per week. In theory with my eating and my excersize i shouldn't be this overweight! Perhaps I am getting this all wrong, the doctors agree, but all blood tests come back within normal range. I was put on BP pills for a few years due to severe hypertension (w/out pills averaging 200/150 -no joke- I could feel when my BP diastolic was hitting 100 or above) but now just as quickly as it appeared - it went away, so I am no longer on them. I was also on thyroid pills for a while, but was taken off those as well a yr ago.

PROBLEMS?:

I have been told I need to eat more, blessing or curse? I have no appetite really, ever. I have to schedule to eat since I am never hungry. My average daily calories are around 700cal/day , sometimes less.

According to this site I am suppose to have 2,100 calories? OH MY!!!! How am I suppose to eat that much?!!!! Let alone loose weight while eating that much???!!! Or do I subtract a certain amount from that daily average for every pound I want to lose?

NOTE: - I don't eat nearly half that - so what will happen when I start eating more????? Just curious on that one. I want to lose the weight so badly, so if I have to eat - then I'll eat. How much should I eat then or increase my intake by? What do you think will be the reprecussions of increasing my calories? Any pointers or input from people who have been there, done that, and achieved their goals - WRITE ME!! Anyone who deals with women like me for a living - WRITE ME! Let me know what I can do to fix this once and for ALL!

Loretta
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/15, 01:12 PM
You need to eat....when you dont get enough calories your body hoards all the calories and fat as a reserve..basically your body is in starvation mode,so its not going to let go of one single ounce.

The ironic part is that: in order to loose weight you must take in a decent amount of calories from good food sources,such as lean meats,low fat dairy and fibers.

Instead of heading up to 2100 calories per day,slowly increase your calorie intake by 300 extra per day...If you find that at 1500-1600 calories per day,you are starting to loose weight,then thats probably a good figure for you...