Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

One Free Meal A Week?

davidday
davidday
United States
2006/06/15, 07:40 AM
So, what do you think? If you work out and eat right, do you reward yourself with one meal (of whatever you want) a week? Is this good? Bad? Pros? Cons? Your thoughts...

--------------
Dave
----------------------------------------
Eu achei um amor que é bom para mim...
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/15, 09:10 AM
I do it every week...its a good thing,it gives our metabolisms a bit of a kick start as well as it helps us to realize that we can enjoy our fav foods without guilt and that we arent being deprived of anything

Believe it or not,my cheat meal consisted of Kraft dinner one week..I just craved it,but I only ate a cup along with 2 cups of salad and a chicken breast

Just make sure you plan your free meal and make it just a meal not a whole day..Enjoy
davidday
davidday
United States
2006/06/15, 10:11 AM
My cheat meals tend to be Italian -- like a visit to Carrabba's or some Papa John's Pizza. I also like going to the Brazilian restaurant. My favorite, however, is when my girlfriend cooks!!:love:

--------------
Dave
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/15, 01:27 PM
Ah..if my husband had his way we would eat Portuguese food all the time..but honestly I detest seafood...But have what you like for your cheat meal..remember to eat it slowly to enjoy every bite..

Aprecíe!!
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/06/15, 01:52 PM
My cheat day is on Sundays. It's usually different foods each time. But be careful, when you do this it's easy to fall right back into old eating habits. Mondays are difficult for me as far as diet is concerned. I feel like I have to start over training myself to eat healthy. One other thing is food should never be a reward. Reward yourself with new clothes, jewelry,..... Just look at it as giving yourself a break.:big_smile:

--------------
"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them." -LOTR Trilogy
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/15, 01:53 PM
Mmmm Jewelry...manny you KNOW what yer talkin about!
davidday
davidday
United States
2006/06/15, 02:12 PM
I don't have a cheat "day" -- just a cheat meal. When I get closer or attain my goal weight, I will probably have an entire day, however.

--------------
Dave
severrin
severrin
United States
2006/06/16, 02:40 PM
I think the hardest thing for me so far was runninng short of my diet stuffs two days before pay day. I noticed this a few days in advance so i stop for two day so that i could continues the diet without breaking later on, i figured it would be more beneficial to me. Anyways, those two days i didn't gorge myself or anything ate light, but it's been hard for the first few days afterwards but I get paid today so thats good. just remember you are the master of the food the food not the master of you.
meggy322
meggy322
United States
2006/08/30, 02:25 AM
i alway try to let myself have one "cheat meal" a week. usually its dinner but sumtimes i ahve a big lunch instead. if i stoped have my little treat each week i would probably go crazy and completely ruin my diet.