Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Where do I begin?

Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/05/27, 05:58 PM
Welcome to FT Rain. More than likely if you just started to gain it's because your eating above your maintenance calories. Try cutting back a little, eat 5-7 smaller meals a day. Go to the specific diet and nutrition forum and read "grocery list for healthy eating" and "max dietary deficit for fat loss", 2 very informative threads. Another is the "diet thread" in the same forum. Hang in there, you'll get where you wanna be, just remember, weight loss takes time and dedication.

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....
RainGurl
RainGurl
Canada
2006/05/27, 05:25 PM
I have always been tiny. I am very petite boned, I feel so uncomfortable with all this weight. I also am concerned about my heart. I have had 3 major heart surgeries. My left side of my heart is enlarged, and I need to take this weight off. My recent weight about 9 months ago, was 109. Then all of a suddenly I started to gain. Now I am 125, somedays I reach as high as 129. Where do I begin? How do I lose the weight and keep it off. Not just for myself but for my health as well.

Concerned, Rain
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/05/29, 09:23 PM
I suggest you see a doctor about your goals. Since you have had 3 heart surgeries, I would see a doctor before starting any vigerous fitness plans, or doing any major changes to your diet.
rockingchair
rockingchair
Australia
2006/07/05, 05:03 AM
you have had heart surgeries...then you should be very careful in dieting or exercising. i guess, meeting a professional to learn more about how you can lose weight without causing your health any severe blows is the best thing that anyone could suggest you.