Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

weightloss drink recipe.

severrin
severrin
United States
2006/05/19, 08:38 PM
2 quarts cranberry water (to make, add 8 oz unsweetened cranberry juice to 56 oz
water or 3 tbs unsweetened cranberry juice concentrate to 56 oz water)

3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (to get these, buy oranges and lemons fresh
from the store, and to get maximum juice roll them first, and it'll make the
juice flow better and then cut 'em in half, and squeeze the juice out. )

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

bring juices to a light boil. Put spices into a tea ball; add to juices. For
tangier juice, add spices directly to liquid. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
Optional: Sweeten to taste with stevia (a calorie-free sweetening herb,
available at natural and health food stores). (it costs about 10 dollars for a
small thing of it, but it works really well. and you can't use any of those
things like sweet and low or the juice won't be as effective as it should )

I'm not sure if it works i have no personal experience yet, but my friend sent it to me she told me she used this while she was trying to get under weight for the navy. She still uses it today off and on and it still works for her i don't know how maybe someone could tell me.
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/05/20, 09:22 AM
The way this tea works is,the spices actually cause a thermogenic(burn,heat) reaction within the body,by increasing metabolic activity...Cinnamon especially,I would add cayenne pepper to the juice to give it an extra thermogenic boost.

And easier way to get the thermogenic benefits of spices is to drink a tea called Bengal Spice,by Celestial Seasonsings.It contains,Cinnomon,ginger,cardamon,black pepper,cloves and nutmeg...
severrin
severrin
United States
2006/05/20, 07:37 PM
so your basicly saying that this drink actually works?
severrin
severrin
United States
2006/05/24, 11:24 AM
this is insane!! it worked i lost 15 lbs last night.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/05/27, 09:10 AM
Ummm, none of the things listed have proven to be that thermogenic.

cranberry juice might help flush some water out of your system.

Some studies have shown ginger to be thermogenic, but not enough to support supplementation for that purpose alone.

Continuous use of cinnamon may be beneficial as it blunts blood sugar a little, but it would have to more than that and consistent.

You may lose weight on this because the extra fluid allows your body to release fluid it has been holding onto.

Tea has many benefits and Bengal Spice is really great, but I don't think there is concrete evidence that it will speed your metabolism. drink it for it's anti-oxidants and other numerous health benefits and stay hydrated.

Weight loss takes time and patience and weight lost quickly through fasting or juice only or any other fad diet will be regained quickly.

eat a sensible, healthy diet full of fresh, whole foods and burn off excess weight with weight training, cardio and active recreation.

--------------

You don\'t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.