Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

ladies please help!!!!!!!!!!

tdeshields
tdeshields
United States
2006/04/21, 12:43 PM
I would love to lose my belly fat. What causes it. I was trying to get my butt big but instead my belly got bigger.how can i get the fat from around my waistline and my belly to disappear. what foods should I stay away from and what exercises could I do at home that would help. keep in mind I like my ass but the belly fat has to go. and please be specific, because I have never dieted or had to excercise before. I am 180 and 5'6.:(:big_smile:
2006/04/22, 07:23 AM
you gained weight....that's the source...your body prefers to store the body fat in certain places and you cant change that....

Deadlifts
Squats

will help get a lean shapely butt without waist bodyfat....
RomansMom
RomansMom
Canada
2006/05/03, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately, there seems to be no easy answer. You have to lose weight all over. Someone told me once that if you target only one area without some well-rounded cardio and toning, you actually add inches to that area as the muscles grow under the fat. So, in order to keep the booty and lose the belly, keep your cardio and focus on your belly and butt during toning exercises.
lauraprovenzano
lauraprovenzano
Canada
2008/03/14, 10:58 AM
DIET IS KEY! Stay away from sugar and alcohol. These are the body's worst enemies! Aside from the obvious...sugar also comes in the from of white flour (that is how the blood processes it). Sugar raised your insulin levels and when your levels are high, your body stores calories as fat, and when your insulin levels are low...your body burns fat for fuel all throughout the day. Because alcohol is not a fat/carb/ or protein, your body stores it as fat!!! Good luck
2008/03/14, 09:47 PM
One modification to what lauraprovenzano wrote: As I understand it alcohol is not stored as fat, but it does shut down your fat burning systems. Alcohol is a strange molecule. It has seven calories per gram (carbs have four per gram and fat has 9 per gram). The only thing your body can do with it is burn it for fuel as if it were glucose. Normally, a person at rest is running on mostly the oxidation of fat with a bit of carb's thrown in (assuming they haven't spiked their blood sugar levels and have through the roof insulin levels). When alcohol is on board, a person runs on mostly the oxidation of the alcohol with a bit of carb's thrown in. You stop oxidizing fat. So while alcohol doesn't get stored as fat, it inhibits you from using ANY of what you already have.

She is absolutely right, though, that diet is key to reducing abdominal fat. I would add lunges and step-up's to your booty building workout.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/03/15, 09:31 AM
I think there needs to be a distinction between pure alcohol and alcoholic beverages. Beer averages 5% alcohol by volume. Most of the calories come from the barley malt and other ingredients.