Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Weight Loss

akia2006
akia2006
United States
2006/03/29, 02:27 PM
Hello I am 29 5'6in tall and weight 214. I just started watching my food intake and starting doing Winsor Pilates five days a week. Can anyone tell me if pilates is good for weight loss because everything that I have heard is about it being good to strengten the core muscels. By the way I love the tape:) Also I have two small kids so going to the gym is not a option. This is also the first tape that I have bought that I actually like
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/29, 02:50 PM
Welcome to FT this is a great place. I think you will like it. Its full of helpfull advice.
Any type of exercise is good for you and will aid you in losing weight. But your food intake is what will make or break the losing weight. The only way to lose body fat is to go into a caloric deficit. Stick to a clean diet and keep doing the exercise and the lbs will come off. Look around and if you want to know more about something type it in the fit buddy search at the bottom and tons of stuff will come up. and if you cant find the anwser just ask, the people here are very friendly and those who know the anwser will help you out. Hope this helps.

--------------
There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy and short and one is hard and long. The only satisfaction one can get out of the first is that it was easy, and many people have gone this way. Even the greatest journy begins with a single step, and to take the path less taken gives awsome bragging rights. Moral of this story, The main cause for failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.
akia2006
akia2006
United States
2006/03/29, 03:18 PM
Thank you very much for the words of encouragement. I have been only drinking water and trying to eat my salads and fruit. I am also trying to cut back on eating alot of breads and pasta, but I dont want to stop everything a one time. I would like it to be a gradual process so I will stick to it.