Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Out of proportion breast and weight

shawnalkent
shawnalkent
United States
2006/03/23, 06:52 PM
Hello All!
I am new to this site but have been a vistor for a while. I am 31 5'2 182 pounds. Now that I have freed my self, I have HUGE breast they are a 36G. I have lost 25 pounds and my target goal is 140. I am losing between 1 to 2 pounds a week with diet and excercise. BUT I sware my breast are at least 20 pounds. LOL I place them on the towel rack and suddenly the scales drops to 160. I would like to know if ANYONE out there knows of anything I can do to drop some weight off my breast. I am afraid I will lose weight and suddenly be all "Breast" I have a small waist in comparison but still dont want to look like a freak! Is there any weight training, excercise I can do to help me? Any tips on just losing over all weight!
Thanks! Desperately seeking advice!:big_smile:
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/03/23, 09:28 PM
Hi
The only good way to loose all that boob is to have a reduction.Weight lifting will firm the pec muscle supporting your breasts,but since breast tissue is mainly fat,you can only exercise so much of it away..and when that happens,you will be left with very saggy breasts

A reduction will help,and since Iam assuming its causing health problems,maybe covered under medical insurance..I know here in Canada,a reduction due to health reasons is covered by our goverment health care

I had a reduction 14 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made..I went from a D cup to a B cup..and what a relief it was

Below is a website that can answer any questions you may have about a reduction
http://www.thebreastsite.com/breast-surgery/
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/03/23, 09:42 PM
Would you ladies mind if I keep this post going? This is one of those that has come up quite often and since the majority of posters on this site are males we need to learn more. I work out with several women and thought I had a handle on this issue (or tissue if you want to use a pun). I was alway under the impression that as body fat was reduced, breast size would reduce accordingly. It seems that from what you're saying, that isn't the case.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/03/24, 06:54 AM
Hi Mike

Breast size will reduce(not a massive amount),but since the skin is so stretched over the fat,when the fat is reduced,what you are left with is basically a sagging skin pocket.

flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/03/24, 10:28 AM
Mike, It also all depends on genetics. Some women just have naturally large breasts, regardless of body size.

Shawn, you may find that as you continue to loose weight, your breast kind of "all of a sudden" get smaller. It's like everything else, if your breast are a large source of your fat, they will be the last to make a noticeable change. Taking measurements of your breasts will help you know if fat is coming off them as well. sometimes they'll look even bigger as your abdomen gets smaller.

Mysticgraces is right as well, once you reach goal, you may find you want a reduction just to get rid of the saggy skin or to finally reduce their size to make them prop. to the new you! I've been lucky in that mine changed proportionally, but I'm afraid when I loose more weight there'll be nothing left:laugh:

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
shawnalkent
shawnalkent
United States
2006/03/24, 11:27 AM
:) Thanks for the advice. Maybe oneday I will be able to afford a reduction as the "girls" are a constant problem in clothes shopping, excercise and life in general. I do embrace myself and love who I am BUT wow if i had only one wish....:cool:
gangstershoes
gangstershoes
United States
2006/03/27, 01:37 PM
I would certainly get to a level weight that you are comfortable being at before thinking about a reduction though. It would be terrible to go through that surgery and then lose further weight and still not be satisfied with your chest size and shape.
ScorpioMI77
ScorpioMI77
United States
2006/06/15, 12:58 PM
I can sypathise - I'm barely 4'11 - 165 ibs (want to lose 50ibs) and have bigger than a D cup chst- 34D is what i manage to try and find at the store. - I think they are actually bigger than that since my bras don't fit in the cup size, but do you know how hard it is to find a 34D????? I take what I can get!)

Back to my point - from what I have read and seen, Doctors will give breast reductions when you are overweight, but they tend to leave them a little BIGGER than what you wanted, if you have pounds to loose, because when you loose weight - you will decrease your bust size to a certain extent. Usually they recommend loosing a certain portion of the weight first, before performing surgery since the bust size will decrease a certain extent with the weight loss. My advice? Loose a good portion of what you want to loose first, then go for the reduction if your breasts haven't decreased in cup size enough to where you are happy. That's what I plan to do - goodluck!
=============
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/15, 01:19 PM
Scorpio-you are right,I had to loose at least 15lbs before I had my reduction.This was so the surgeon could get a better idea of my breast size in comparison to my body size.Losing the 15lbs was worth it!