Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Loosing weight every week

BrettysGirl
BrettysGirl
United States
2006/02/27, 01:25 AM
Hello,I'm a 19 year old female.I started going to the gym 2 months ago.I've lost 7 pounds and want to loose 25 pounds. The first 7 like melted off and now it's like nothing is changing on the scale. I work out atleast 5 days a week for an hour-2 hours I start off with 30 min on the eliptical then do abs and arms for 15 min then run for 15 min then do either the eliptical for 30 or another machine. I try to watch wat I eat and think it's cutting carbs but its hard to really know wats healthy reading labels can be tricky and never know wats between the words. I want to loose 2 pounds a week and wanna know if theres a healthy way to do it..do i need to kick up the workout or cut down more food. Wat food is best to eat.
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/02/27, 03:28 PM
Hello BrettysGirl and Welcome to FT!:) It sounds like the first thing you need to do is change your exercise routine. You should make small changes at least every 2 weeks. For a better idea of how to do that read the "17 ways to break a plateau" in the General Exercise & Weight Training-Fitness category. Or check out the Exercise Programs on this site. The Nutritional Plans on this site will give you a good idea of how your diet should look. Check out the "Grocery list for healthy eating" in the Specific Diets & Nutrition Discussion category. Also the "Diet Thread" in that category can be of great help:) Good Luck!!!

--------------
\"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them.\" -LOTR Trilogy
kaiaw
kaiaw
United States
2006/02/27, 08:12 PM
I think you may actually be over-doing it with cardio. Try mixing in some HIIT cardio workouts - do a fit buddy search on HIIT to get the full explanation, but what it boils down to is a 15-20 minute workout, with varying intensities. You don't need to spend 90 minutes on an elliptical 5 days a week. Work out harder for shorter - you'll get your heart rate up!
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/27, 11:09 PM
Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, you need to find your maintenance calories and start reducing 200-300 a week to lose. High protein, moderate carbs and good healthy fats.

--------------
Seize the day!
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/27, 11:16 PM
Also think maybe too much cardio, exercise the body 5 times a week for an hour is fine but save the cardio for when you need that little extra calorie deficit when you get near to where you want to be, you may need it. If you do exerise and do cardio, do them at different times of the day.
Main thing is going to be diet though, you need to start righting down every single thing you eat for a couple weeks and see just where your at and go from there to determine your maintenance calories.

--------------
Seize the day!